best ever cycling print....

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Jml

by Jml

One of my favourite shots. Size of his legs!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

peted76

by peted76

This is my pick for a cracking pic..

I'd love to get a large version of it, but can't seem to source.. any ideas?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ManekiNico

by ManekiNico

^ Confidential to Bora Hansgrohe / Peter Sagan: This is how you do a World Champion’s jersey

MRM

by MRM

peted76 wrote:This is my pick for a cracking pic..

Here you go!

tmr5555

by tmr5555

MRM wrote:

Here you go!

1975 dauphine libere, if that helps.

Miller

by Miller

HammerTime2 wrote:Jobst Brandt finally had his Waterloo. He is no longer alive.
https://rayhosler.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/jobst-brandt-leaves-behind-memories-to-last-a-lifetime wrote:Jobst Brandt, a cyclist who in so many ways influenced the bicycle industry during its glory days of the 1980s, died on Tuesday, May 5, 2015, after a long illness. He was 80.

The day after his 76th birthday, Jobst crashed his bike at the Sand Hill Road and Whiskey Hill Road intersection near Woodside during an early morning ride in a dense fog. It was his last bike ride. His serious injuries added to the burden of other health liabilities.

I am sorry to hear that, I occasionally have wondered how he was because I heard about that serious crash. I never knew him or met him but my introduction to bikes on the internet was reading rec.bicycles.tech in the late 90s. Jobst was a frequent contributor, generally making scathing remarks about other people's poor wheel choices. Ever since then I have felt guilty about not riding 36-spoke MA2 wheels. I did think he was losing it when I heard he became a 9/11 truther.

I wonder if something like this is the fate of old cyclists, they get wobbly and have a bad accident. Face it, something like that is hanging over us all the time.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

This will always be my favourite...

peted76

by peted76

tmr5555 wrote:
MRM wrote:

img SNIP

Here you go!

1975 dauphine libere, if that helps.

Thank you both - still can't see where I'd find this image anywhere large enough for print, e.g. who took it or has the rights to it. Shame as it's a 'beautiful' image.

tmr5555

by tmr5555

yes, same here.
Do update if you find something.
It begs to be blown up and put on a wall in 1:1 scale.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Show before in smaller size.

This and Lemond winning the 1989 World Road Race Championship are my two favorites.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

This. *f##k* yes.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Is that drivetrain on the left side of the bike? The writing on the jersey doesn't appear to be consistent with a mirror image.

blaugrana

by blaugrana

HammerTime2 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:12 pm
Is that drivetrain on the left side of the bike? The writing on the jersey doesn't appear to be consistent with a mirror image.
It seems like a normal bike with the drivetrain on the right. It is not visible, but there are no chainrings on the left, so everything must be at the right covered by the frame and wheels.

Also, there is no reason why anyone would want to mess with that on a road bike. Felt tried it on track bikes a few years ago because since you only turn left, the aero drag isn't symmetrical and there could potentially be a small aero advantage there, but I think they don't do that anymore.

misteryellow

by misteryellow

Made it myself using Blender. Yeah it's a shameless promotion but two years later I'm still proud of it. I looked at EVERY piece of information I could get about the gold medal winning Lotus 108 bike by Boardman and modeled everything like the real thing. Took 4 months. It's now hanging in my minimalist living room. I sold a couple to enthusiasts but not a lot of people seemed enthusiastic about it.
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

otnemem

by otnemem

misteryellow wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:23 pm

Made it myself using Blender. Yeah it's a shameless promotion but two years later I'm still proud of it. I looked at EVERY piece of information I could get about the gold medal winning Lotus 108 bike by Boardman and modeled everything like the real thing. Took 4 months. It's now hanging in my minimalist living room. I sold a couple to enthusiasts but not a lot of people seemed enthusiastic about it.
It's really good. I would drop the "Lotus 108" off the top, but I'm probably even more of a minimalist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com