2023 On The Road Today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

basilic

by basilic

In Ardèche

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

In honor of today's Giro stage here is a photo of the plateau of the Gran Sasso. Without a doubt the strangest and most forbidding place I have ever ridden. The road I am on connects with that faint line half way up the photo on the right side. This photo was taken in early June at about 8PM after a very long day with a couple of hours still to go. The temperature was 3 degrees. If you get caught out there in bad weather unprepared, you will die. There is nothing.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Miller

by Miller

Here are some snaps from the Fred Whitton sportive in the Lake District of UK that took place on 7th May. The FW takes you round a fierce Lakeland loop, 180km/3600m, including the infamous Hardknott Pass with its 30%+ gradients.

Start pen

Early groups

Sun breaking through mist on Kirkstone Pass

Happy group

Upper part of Honister (lower part is way too steep to be able to take a photo while moving)

Newlands

Middle, marginally less steep, part of Hardknott.

Riders consider how they feel having summited Hardknott

Looking East from Wrynose Pass

Lakeland lane

Blea Tarn, last climb

The Fred Whitton is well marshaled. It's a tough course but a fantastic event.

basilic

by basilic

Tour in central Switzerland
Ernen, Valais

Grimsel pass road

Innertkirchen

Grosse Scheidegg from Meiringen

Lungern (Obwald)

Aecherli pass

Diemtigtal (Bernese Oberland)

Hinder Tärfeten (Diemtigtal)

these were everywhere

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Re: posting photos....Is this an invite only thread? I can post photos in all other threads but not this one. No option to attach anything.

ms6073

by ms6073

Kurt1980 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:19 pm
Re: posting photos....Is this an invite only thread? I can post photos in all other threads but not this one. No option to attach anything.
I was never 'invited' and am able to link to images by clicking on the image tool in the toolbar above
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

micky

by micky

Kurt1980 wrote:
Do no believe what the previous poster said; send me the initial fee to my own bank account and you will receive an email with all instructions.
All info at www.whatascam.com .

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

I took the ferry to Aberdeen last week and rode to Perth and back, with a few days off and a side tour at my friend's house mid way.
A nice mix of backroads and the full range of gravel types, and great weather.

Miller

by Miller

CarlosFerreiro wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:50 am
I took the ferry to Aberdeen last week and rode to Perth and back, with a few days off and a side tour at my friend's house mid way.
Nice open gravel trails there that look a pleasure to ride.

@Kurt1980, Starbike doesn't really want to be doing photo hosting. The best way to include photos is by uploading your images to a proper photo-hosting site (I use flickr, others are available) then, here in WW, in your post you can link to your images by enclosing the image URL between the previously mentioned [img] tags.

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

Photos 2 and 3 look nicer than the reality!! Firmounth and Fungle roads are much more in the "tough MTB ride" territory, if anybody is heading up that way.

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Miller wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:49 am
CarlosFerreiro wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:50 am
Nice open gravel trails there that look a pleasure to ride.

@Kurt1980, Starbike doesn't really want to be doing photo hosting. The best way to include photos is by uploading your images to a proper photo-hosting site (I use flickr, others are available) then, here in WW, in your post you can link to your images by enclosing the image URL between the previously mentioned [img] tags.
Ah ok, makes sense now. Cheers!

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

micky wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:11 am
Kurt1980 wrote:
Do no believe what the previous poster said; send me the initial fee to my own bank account and you will receive an email with all instructions.
I can pay in crypto. I'll email you a program to facilitate the exchange, it will be most favourable to you. :lol:

ms6073

by ms6073

micky wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:11 am
:up:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

C36

by C36

Monday, morning ride along the Étape du Tour roads (my training roads)… overtaken (obviously) by Pog and then Alaphilippe around Ramaz pass. No pictures though

basilic

by basilic

Nice scenery CarlosF!
Col du Joly

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com