La Vie Claire jersey

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

HammerTime2 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:08 pm
naavt wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:37 am
Hmmm... just received the shipping confirmation from Hills and Mountains and the jerseys comes from China.

Looking at AliExpress pictures they are exactly the same and the price is cut to 1/4. Feeling that something was off, I went to the H&M return policy and... they haven't one! They accept no returns!

So now I'm expecting AliExpress quality for 4x it's price. Bummer! :roll:
CrankAddictsRich any comments on this and the rather scathing reviews of Hills and Mountains at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/hillsandmountains.com ?
I can't speak to anyone else's experience.. only mine. For me, sizing was fine... I'm 5'8" 175 pounds-ish. I wear a Medium in pretty much every brand I've ever tried and this was no different. It is definitely not the best kit I've ever worn. If you're expecting quality like any name brand kit, you'll be disappointed, but it was better than I was expecting for the $55 I paid.

I can't remember exactly how long it took for me to get the items... I think it was a week and half maybe. Probably the worst aspect of ordering from them is that they definitely like to spam "deals" to your email in box... had to unsubscribe.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:02 am
I can't speak to anyone else's experience.. only mine. For me, sizing was fine... I'm 5'8" 175 pounds-ish. I wear a Medium in pretty much every brand I've ever tried and this was no different.
The AliExpress listings wrote:Note: Please allow 1-2 cm difference due to manual measurement
Maybe the sizing varies from jersey to jersey, or lot to lot, and yours happened to fit, and others were too small?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

HammerTime2 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:16 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:02 am
I can't speak to anyone else's experience.. only mine. For me, sizing was fine... I'm 5'8" 175 pounds-ish. I wear a Medium in pretty much every brand I've ever tried and this was no different.
The AliExpress listings wrote:Note: Please allow 1-2 cm difference due to manual measurement
Maybe the sizing varies from jersey to jersey, or lot to lot, and yours happened to fit, and others were too small?
That's totally possible, but I have no way of knowing. I'm not sure how or why you expect me to be able to confirm that. I'm also not sure why you're quoting to me from the ali sizing, I've already said that the jerseys I got, don't look anything like those shown on the ali pages.

naavt

by naavt

MichaelB wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:15 am
The ONLY place that I would buy any retro jerseys from would be Prenda's.

Have bought several items from them and they are the bees knees.
I've regreted my choice as soon as I received my tracking info and Prenda's was an option too. I did pass on them just because they are on UK and custom fees and the hassle to retrieve the item from customs here made me think twice. Now I would probably consider them.

Let's wait and see what comes in the package. I have 2 or 3 jerseys from Ali that I've bought only because of the drawings and they clearly are the worse jerseys that I have. Nonetheless, I've paid about 20€ for them so I was not expecting anything greater than I received.

rajMAN

by rajMAN

I have bought jerseys from Retrocyclingjerseys.com as their prices are much cheaper than "genuine" manufacturers such as Santini etc. I was happy with the products, knowing they are copies, probably made in China. It is not hard to spot that they are imitations but I bought not being bothered by that. They offer a few items in La Vie Claire colours.

Have used Prendas many times over the years, always excellent and first class in every department. Have yet to use Prendas since the new era as it were but I am sure the quality will have remained.

Bravo73

by Bravo73

I bought my jersey from here a couple of years ago:

https://www.retro-cycling-jerseys.com/c ... ing-jersey

It’s a decent quality with a nice fit. It is one of my favourite jerseys.
2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 (ex-Team Highroad)
2023 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX

Bravo73

by Bravo73

Regarding Prendas, didn’t they/he stop trading for a while? (In 2021).

I’m guessing that he is now back up & running again.

Flasher

by Flasher

Bravo73 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:41 pm
Regarding Prendas, didn’t they/he stop trading for a while? (In 2021).

I’m guessing that he is now back up & running again.
This was mentioned earlier in the thread.
fignonsbarber wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:29 am
Prendas was bought out in the past year, and it looks like the new owners are phasing out Santini and replacing with their owm house brand. Still have some Santini, but limited sizes.

Bravo73

by Bravo73

Thanks.