How much is 1.25lbs worth?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Zchalk

by Zchalk

I'm looking to replace my aging Cervelo bike which will find it permenant home on the trainer and Zwift. I was pricing out a new bike and after tax its nearly $10K CAD. To save an addtional 1.25lbs, to bring it within the 16lbs range, it will cost me an addtional $3500! That's bonkers. I can't believe a mid-range bike with mid-range components now cost $10K. Is the cycling industry out of control with its pricing structure? There seems to be also a proliferation of courture cycling apparel in the last couple of years.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

you can still get a nice bike for few k, but if you're after something special, then yes, prices are mad. but how can they not be - electronic groupsets, disc brakes, shamncy framesets, integrated everything, that's ought to cost a lot, and it does.

there are no longer "simple" top bikes on the market, unless you go to a Decathlon store (which, BTW, isn't that bad idea, although most of their offer I believe is purely theoretical; these bikes are mostly unavailible)
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Try second hand market or open mold. 10k CAD for a mid-range bike sounds insane, that's about how much my decked out Aethos cost me.