Rapha - MAAP - PNS Sizing Equivalents

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Shrike

by Shrike

Last time I asked around about Rapha to MAAP sizing and the advice I got my spot on - MAAP tends to be one size up in comparison.

Now I'm considering PNS, the brand, not the anatomy :shock:

If you're a medium in Rapha, large in MAAP, what would you be in Pas Normal?

I'm aware that different ranges and even pieces are sized differently in Rapha and MAAP, but generally, with Rapha I'm a medium and large fits 'better'.

That's for both bibs and jerseys. I do have a medium MAAP long sleeve training jersey that fits good, and a prime vest, (if a little short feeling) so not everything is so simple!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

It’s not easy transitioning to another brand. Even within the same brand. Assos, MAAP, Rapha…all different depending upon type. MAAP medium for me, medium Rapha Pro Team. Assos was medium all the way but lately, had to go small.

Ordering overseas like with Endless or La Passione, returns tend to cost quite a bit. Assos has been the best for returns and they recommend setting both sizes and return the one that doesn’t fit on their dime.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

polpy

by polpy

I dont own anything from Maap or Rapha, but i wear S/M with Assos and L/XL with PNS.

billendk

by billendk

I use large in rapha proteam and Xl in pns mechanism bibs and jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shrike

by Shrike

Thanks guys, that's helpful. Was thining I was safe going from M Rapha to L PNS but seems maybe not!

Urgh!
polpy wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:49 pm
I dont own anything from Maap or Rapha, but i wear S/M with Assos and L/XL with PNS.
Massive PITA the sizing, and yes dealing with returns isn't ideal. Think I'll have to play this one safe and order a jersey in two sizes and see. Ordered in a pair of bibs in large tonight already (were on sale locally so worth trying).

velov

by velov

Depends on which line within those brands as well.

Sizing that works for me
Medium: Classic/Brevet in Rapha, Team in Maap, Essential in Pas Normal
Large: Pro Team in Rapha , Pro in Maap, Mechanism in Pas Normal

kode54

by kode54

Shrike wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:05 pm
Thanks guys, that's helpful. Was thining I was safe going from M Rapha to L PNS but seems maybe not!

Urgh!
polpy wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:49 pm
Massive PITA the sizing, and yes dealing with returns isn't ideal. Think I'll have to play this one safe and order a jersey in two sizes and see. Ordered in a pair of bibs in large tonight already (were on sale locally so worth trying).
If you're inbetween sizing...it will really boil down to which line within each brand. i.e. Rapha Pro Team Medium while Rapha Core in Small.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Shrike

by Shrike

What about PNS’s Control kit. It’s fleecy wintery stuff so thinking maybe it’s a bit looser than Mechanism?

Also wondering about the branding on the rear. Does it start to crack and peel off after so many washes?

nismosr

by nismosr

i'm pretty heavy guy 208lbs .. Rapha core/classic jersey Large, Pro Team XL
all my MAAP Jersey are in XL, I have a few of their long sleeve - Large.
PNS - XL on all Short and LS jersey

Large on all Bibs.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Shrike

by Shrike

Awkwardly it turns out I’m between sizes and it’s more a matter of fit preference. Seem to like the Large jerseys better for length though.

On the Control range I tried I didn’t find their fits overly aggressive. Pretty sensible actually but maybe the mechanism stuff has less range. Might try some of that next, just not keen on the text on the ass. Maybe that’s something PNS buyers get used to or stop caring about. Maybe you even like it?

Took me years to get past the massive text on back and the PNS on bibs! Still not ready for the Essential and Mechanism on bum yet 🤭

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com