Shout out to Wahoo customer service

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

Just want to share my experience with Wahoo customer support. I've had my Kickr Core for about two and a half years now (Oct. 2019 purchase). It's been a rock solid unit for the duration of my ownership.

Last week, I did an ERG mode trainer ride and lost all resistance. It's like the electromagnetic resistance system failed. It would connect, no interference whatsoever. Just displayed zero's instead of watts and cadence.

I contacted Wahoo about troubleshooting and went into it fully expecting Wahoo to give me some tips then tell me to shove it and buy a new one since I was so far beyond the one year warranty period.

It took a few days, but they ended up replying with a postage paid return shipping label and said they're going to replace the unit for me free of charge.

In this day and age, it's like finding a unicorn to have a company provide a complete replacement for an item that's so far beyond it's warranty period.

Kudos to Wahoo.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Exactly the same story, except that mine was apparently was bought in Finland (by a reseller) and has to be returned there in order to get a replacement. Kinda hard with passenger trains canceled.