BIKE24 starts shipping to UK again

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

usr

by usr

jasjas wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:05 pm
I'm in UK & Bike24 still show Products not shippable to Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland)
That's not exclusive to the UK: I'm currently waiting for DHL to send a box full of emergency spares/tools to Tenerife (local Campag guy says his distributor is so starved for parts that he couldn't sell me anything if I had months) and some of the tools were the Pro brand (Shimano). Apparently, b24 can sell Shimano parts to mainland Spain but not to Canarian Islands, all the other stuff went through just fine. All the other stuff (for different brands) could be ordered just fine. I don't think that there could be any other explanation for this than contractual limitations with the upstream supplier.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Flasher

by Flasher

BianchiDave wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:48 pm
WorkonSunday wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:29 pm
interesting. i too ordered on the same day as i started the thread. my package has also been picked but not shipped out. seems like they may have messed up something in the system.

i did notice quite a good % of their stock now still not able to ship to UK, it's like case-by-case basis. :noidea:
@workonsunday What was the order value? I'm looking at handlebars which will come in around £350 and it states at checkout that 20% VAT is included (plus the £2.40 shipping).

I'm just tyring to work out if I'll get stung for import/customs duties on top.

Anyone else in the UK ordered since Bike24 started shipping again?
Yes I've ordered and didn't pay any extras.

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Flasher wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:09 pm
Yes I've ordered and didn't pay any extras.
[/quote]

Thanks, thats helpful. A bit more digging suggests it comes down to country of origin too. If the component is made outside the EU (as many bikes and parts are), customs duty of 4.7% is charged, but if made within the EU, there is no customs duty.
I think the Syncros carbon bars I'm looking at are made in Spain, so all good it seems. I've emailed Bike 24 to get their take, but it's not really their problem!

I reckon even with additional charges, it will still be a big saving over 'rip off' Britain

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

BianchiDave wrote:
WorkonSunday wrote:
interesting. i too ordered on the same day as i started the thread. my package has also been picked but not shipped out. seems like they may have messed up something in the system.

i did notice quite a good % of their stock now still not able to ship to UK, it's like case-by-case basis. :noidea:
@workonsunday What was the order value? I'm looking at handlebars which will come in around £350 and it states at checkout that 20% VAT is included (plus the £2.40 shipping).

sorry for the late reply. the first order was 134 euro. the second one is 57 euro. both included VAT and i didnt get hit by additional charges.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

WorkonSunday wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:53 pm
BianchiDave wrote:
WorkonSunday wrote:

sorry for the late reply. the first order was 134 euro. the second one is 57 euro. both included VAT and i didnt get hit by additional charges.
No problem! My bars arrived with no additional charges. Good that some of the big Euro stores have got things sorted at their end :D

wooger

by wooger

Update: As far as I can tell, Bike24 no longer accept any orders for delivery to the UK mainland.

There's just no option to specify UK delivery anywhere, no mention in the FAQs either.

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Yep, UK is no longer a selectable region on Bike24, these Brexit benefits are really beginning to pile up! At least we have Wiggle/CRC.. oh wait.