Ordering from Deporvillage to the UK - recent experiences?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Shrike

by Shrike

VAT not charged over £135 and subject to customs faff - just wondering how it worked out in practise? Long wait times and fees on top of VAT eventually added not making it worthwhile or has anyone even maybe managed to get an order in without the VAT added at any point (must be some lucky guy/gal out there).

roadman

by roadman

Similar to Bikeinn, take weeks to send and returns are a hassle. Avoid.

After Brexit, I find it harder to buy from Europe now, best stick to Wiggle/Merlin/Sigma Sports.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Interesting as my experience ordering for delivery to the US was flawless. I ordered a pair of Supplest Road Shoes and other than having to pay a small additional fee for import/customs duties, I had my shoes within a few days of placing the order. I later ordered a Ergon alignment tool for Speedplay pedals only to realize it was designed for legacy Speedplay Zero cleats and is not compatible with the new Wahoo variety, and although I had to send them 6-images when I initiated the return, Depor refunded the transaction and did not ask for the item back.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Nick38

by Nick38

I've used them quite a bit recently (UK) and they have been spot on, mainly for kit including shoes, postage can be a bit high depending on what it is but still works out cheaper than most places, no issues with customs either, gets delivered over here by parcel force and always within a week of ordering :thumbup: