2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

petal666

by petal666

MattMay wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:37 am
Cav out says BBC.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/61953009#
And every other sporting outlet and Cav himself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

petal666 wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:04 am
spokenwords wrote:The future of UK cycling looks bright. I couldnt believe how young the podiums were in the mens and womens races. Take out Cav and its all teenagers. Bunch of wily kids racing like seasoned vets for the most part.
Wily kids? They towed Cav to the line!!
Did you watch anything other than the last 500m?
Yes. They were working up until a couple of km to go. Then I’m the last 1500m they almost forgot about him. I’m not saying he got an armchair ride but he was obviously on a perfect day. As such he warranted being put in difficulty to the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

ultimobici wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:06 am
petal666 wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:04 am
spokenwords wrote:The future of UK cycling looks bright. I couldnt believe how young the podiums were in the mens and womens races. Take out Cav and its all teenagers. Bunch of wily kids racing like seasoned vets for the most part.
Wily kids? They towed Cav to the line!!
Did you watch anything other than the last 500m?
Yes. They were working up until a couple of km to go. Then I’m the last 1500m they almost forgot about him. I’m not saying he got an armchair ride but he was obviously on a perfect day. As such he warranted being put in difficulty to the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we can say as well we should be expecting Cav to win here. We have a 20 year old who I'm sure is still on a development team and Alex Rich who doesn't even have any team support? All 3 worked well to get there and were "wily" enough to be there at the end and dropping Big Ben before the finish.

Must admit, it was a great race for both the men and women and certainly more exciting than some of the other NC's I saw

Karvalo

by Karvalo

petal666 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:46 am
MattMay wrote:
Cav out says BBC.

De Clerc already out with Covid, Senechal in, and Cav next in line on the reserve sheet for the biggest publicity coup of Pat Lefevre's career? :P

maquisard

by maquisard

With the increased transmissibility of the current Omicron SARS-CoV-2 variants this year's TdF is going to have to be even more carefully social distanced than the previous two years if we don't want riders dropping out. I expect some teams to have to leave mid-race.

No one wants GC in TdF decided by an autotest/PCR

jlok

by jlok

maquisard wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:08 pm
With the increased transmissibility of the current Omicron SARS-CoV-2 variants this year's TdF is going to have to be even more carefully social distanced than the previous two years if we don't want riders dropping out. I expect some teams to have to leave mid-race.

Totally agree... the last sentence. I think we should get UCI to abolish the C19 rules, rather than imposing an even stricter social distancing. The whatever-variants nowadays are weak enough.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

maquisard

by maquisard

The only issue with SARS-CoV-2 is that in a small minority it can present with cardiomyopathies, often in the younger and more active.

If I had Covid I wouldn't exercise until the autotest shows no line. It is too much of a risk to take, even if unlikely.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

maquisard wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:08 pm
The only issue with SARS-CoV-2 is that in a small minority it can present with cardiomyopathies, often in the younger and more active.

If I had Covid I wouldn't exercise until the autotest shows no line. It is too much of a risk to take, even if unlikely.
Id be more concerned about the vaccine than covid. Have TWO friends, one a coach, who have pacemakers now after developing heart issues right after their boosters. *f##k* amazing coincidence.

maquisard

by maquisard

Your sample size of two is hardly conclusive.

Sorry for your friends. I hope they improve.

Let's keep discussion to cycling.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

OnTheRivet wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:16 pm
Have TWO friends, one a coach, who have pacemakers now after developing heart issues right after their boosters. *f##k* amazing coincidence.
OnTheRivet wrote:
I'm a mechanical engineer. Lifelong Democratic voter until the last election ( did some early volunteer work for the Elizabeth Warren campaign)...
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

maquisard

by maquisard

jlok wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:35 pm
maquisard wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:08 pm

Totally agree... the last sentence. I think we should get UCI to abolish the C19 rules, rather than imposing an even stricter social distancing. The whatever-variants nowadays are weak enough.
https://cyclingtips.com/2022/06/under-n ... ith-covid/

The UCI has made changes to allow this, albeit unlikely that a positive rider would be allowed to continue and infect others. But it is a good thing from sporting perspective.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:57 pm
OnTheRivet wrote:
Have TWO friends, one a coach, who have pacemakers now after developing heart issues right after their boosters. *f##k* amazing coincidence.
OnTheRivet wrote:
I'm a mechanical engineer. Lifelong Democratic voter until the last election ( did some early volunteer work for the Elizabeth Warren campaign)...
:lol:

so... who do flat earthers and chemtrailers vote for?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

ms6073

by ms6073

tymon_tm wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:43 pm
who do flat earthers and chemtrailers vote for?
I would think that would be pretty obvious. :beerchug:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Packs

by Packs

Karvalo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:42 am
petal666 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:46 am
MattMay wrote:
Cav out says BBC.

De Clerc already out with Covid, Senechal in, and Cav next in line on the reserve sheet for the biggest publicity coup of Pat Lefevre's career? :P
A British rider who wants to break a Belgian's record on a Belgian team... 🤔

Jacobsen is maybe quicker but surely leading each other out they'd smash the opposition? Ok they need the big engines to pull but they've got enough without Alaphilipe

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com