2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Swannie

by Swannie

Sagan still 5,5 million 😳
That's like 5 million 2 much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maddie

by Maddie

Pretty sure these are wild guesses. How do they source these numbers? Ask the team owner "hey what's the salary of Pogi?" Laughable...

maquisard

by maquisard

Swannie wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:28 pm
Sagan still 5,5 million 😳
That's like 5 million 2 much.
Not for Specialized, a lot of that salary is paid by them and in terms of media exposure the adventures of he and Oss is worth more.

Sagan also won the Slovakian championship today. Maybe the competition isn't amazing but it shows he is on better form, all shown by the win in Suisse.

spokenwords

by spokenwords

The future of UK cycling looks bright. I couldnt believe how young the podiums were in the mens and womens races. Take out Cav and its all teenagers. Bunch of wily kids racing like seasoned vets for the most part.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

spokenwords wrote:The future of UK cycling looks bright. I couldnt believe how young the podiums were in the mens and womens races. Take out Cav and its all teenagers. Bunch of wily kids racing like seasoned vets for the most part.
Wily kids? They towed Cav to the line!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petal666

by petal666

ultimobici wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:04 am
spokenwords wrote:The future of UK cycling looks bright. I couldnt believe how young the podiums were in the mens and womens races. Take out Cav and its all teenagers. Bunch of wily kids racing like seasoned vets for the most part.
Did you watch anything other than the last 500m?

Karvalo

by Karvalo

ultimobici wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:04 am
Alex Richardson in 3rd is also 32, so not exactly a kid. Point taken though that another wave of young talent seems to be coming through. From a British perspective it's great to see so many riders out in the world tour, and so many who've come up outside the Ineos setup.

I think there's been an effect on this generation of Brit kids who've grown up watching Cav win for as long as they can remember and seeing it as something they can do too.

maquisard

by maquisard

Apparently Alaphilippe is not starting the Tour de France, perhaps some room for Cavendish now?

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20220627_93101220

maquisard

by maquisard

Quite like the ISN jersey for the Tour de France,

Froome looks incredibly lean, better than last year

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Apart from his oddly barrel shaped torso (which I suppose is housing his massive lungs) Froome has always looked freakishly lean. Can't help wondering after the injuries if he wouldn't benefit most from developing some more muscle mass but I guess he's just not built that way.

Funny that Pogacar who's taking the sport to another level even vs Froome's heyday looks (on TV at least) much more like a normal human being.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

maquisard wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 am
Apparently Alaphilippe is not starting the Tour de France, perhaps some room for Cavendish now?

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20220627_93101220
hopefully so.. this Tour without Cav would be a major disappointment

what's a great surprise though - Sagz has just won national race, supposedly being back free of covid. hope he's still on the roster for Tour and that positive was just a testing issue :noidea:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Karvalo wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:55 am
Apart from his oddly barrel shaped torso (which I suppose is housing his massive lungs) Froome has always looked freakishly lean. Can't help wondering after the injuries if he wouldn't benefit most from developing some more muscle mass but I guess he's just not built that way.

Funny that Pogacar who's taking the sport to another level even vs Froome's heyday looks (on TV at least) much more like a normal human being.
well, pre-2012 Froome didn't look like that at all. good for him he's found himself a working diet, but it's not a question of being "built that way" - rather of being able to push oneself to look that way (and still being able to push them pedals)
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

C36

by C36

ultimobici wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:37 am
Funny that none of the riders from Trek have slated the Pirelli tyres. Swiss & Italian roads are notoriously sketchy in the rain after an extended hot & dry spell.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just discussing with riders/mechanics back from their Nationals... I have 3 examples of Pirelli's riders from 2 different teams who swapped to GP5k (2x) or Michelin Cup (1x) for the race. In total transparency, at this stage I don't know what pushed them to swap. If you are patient enough to go through pictures you can see some (particularly the GP5k with their typical tread pattern).

flying

by flying

spokenwords wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:43 pm
Cant see Wout hiding from a race.
Mavi Garcia is a legend. Another amazing ride at womens Spain nats. Waving to fans and just enjoying life the whole day.
Yes Wout is just smarter this year in when to pounce & when to rest

About Mavi agreed! Been following her since her 2nd at Strada in 2020

Another good rider I have been watching this past year is Sandra Alonso she just came in 2nd to Mavi at Spanish RR Championships
she also got 3rd in TT ( Very close I think actually same 52s as 2nd place Sheyla Gutierrez) But 1st again was Mavi who won both TT & RR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

maquisard wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:09 am
Quite like the ISN jersey for the Tour de France,

Froome looks incredibly lean, better than last year
That was always the insunuation at Sky/Ineos, they were using large doses of Salbutamol to lean down quickly without losing power/muscle mass. If he finishes in the top 5 this year I'm calling bullshit.