2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

liam7020

by liam7020

Any news about the Toon Aerts doping case? From what I recall, both A & B samples were postive but he was putting forward a strong defence regarding food contamination. Pretty sure I saw him racing at this weekend's cross in Holland?
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Really he doesn’t even have a team?

ooo

by ooo

are you sure it was Toon Aerts? there was a rider looks very similar to Toon Aerts
'

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

Toon made an Instagram post saying he and his team are parting ways for now.

petal666

by petal666

tymon_tm wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:58 pm
judging by the contrast between helicopter shots of local area and the route itself, I must say this was bothering me a bit while watching the race live. I've never been to Austraila even, but I was wondering how that picturesque place can be so ugly... I guess people who design the route often aren't locals, and their knowledge of certain roads and places is non-existent.
I imagine the course design is to make a hard race, not ride past pretty things.

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

Mark and Brad are also just hanging out with Lance and co.

petal666

by petal666

woodyvalentine wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:23 pm
Mark and Brad are also just hanging out with Lance and co.
Private training camp. $$$$$$s

maquisard

by maquisard

Good to see Jan Ullrich there as well looking healthy and happy.

Wookski

by Wookski

PeytonM wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:05 am
MVP goes earlie guilty pleas on Monday before Magistrate Hugh Donnelly in Sutherland Local Court.

He was ordered to pay $1500(australian = $980usd) in fines.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cycling/s ... 3703cfe90a
The court details don't sound good for MVP. He forced his way into the girls' room and assaulted one while she was cowering in a corner then assaulted the other while she tried to flee. If he cannot get the conviction overturned he will have trouble trying to travel outside of Europe.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

petal666 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:22 pm
tymon_tm wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:58 pm
judging by the contrast between helicopter shots of local area and the route itself, I must say this was bothering me a bit while watching the race live. I've never been to Austraila even, but I was wondering how that picturesque place can be so ugly... I guess people who design the route often aren't locals, and their knowledge of certain roads and places is non-existent.
I imagine the course design is to make a hard race, not ride past pretty things.
There are a few "climbs" near Wollongong that are both scenic and "tough"
I use both those terms very loosely because compared to other continents, Australia is basically pancake flat so we dont have any of the high mountains to play on.

Im guessing that the course was designed to be as hard as possible while still being very central, which was also its best feature...and its worst

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:04 am
When's the last time someone won a monument, grand tour and world championship in the same season?
Well, AVV won three grand tours and a world championship in the same season, plus a whole bunch of other stuff. :wink:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Aeo

by Aeo

Ritsuke wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:14 am
Remco doesn't drink alchol so hence the Cola. He won't ride Il Lombardia.
Remco rides Binche-Chimay-Binche on Tuesday and then gets married on Il Lombardia weekend
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Wookski wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:55 am
The court details don't sound good for MVP. He forced his way into the girls' room and assaulted one while she was cowering in a corner then assaulted the other while she tried to flee. If he cannot get the conviction overturned he will have trouble trying to travel outside of Europe.
All races are in Europe, so who cares.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:38 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
When's the last time someone won a monument, grand tour and world championship in the same season?
Well, AVV won three grand tours and a world championship in the same season, plus a whole bunch of other stuff. :wink:

The TdFF, Giro Donne, and Ceratizit Challenge by La Vuelta aren’t grand tours, so you didn’t even come close to answering my question.

jever98

by jever98

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:56 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:38 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:

The TdFF, Giro Donne, and Ceratizit Challenge by La Vuelta aren’t grand tours, so you didn’t even come close to answering my question.
I must have missed the ISO certification announcement on grand tours. Opinions may differ on what constitutes a grand tour, Mr Sourgrapes: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Tour
----
No longer in the industry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com