2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

tymon_tm wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:15 pm
wasn't there a rule a WT rider couldn't participate in U-23 category?
Not exactly.... I beleive that if you are U23, once you choose to compete in the men's category, you can't go back and compete in U23... for instance, Remco is still under 23, but since he's competed in the men's race last year, he couldn't choose to compete in U23 this year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:21 pm
tymon_tm wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:15 pm
wasn't there a rule a WT rider couldn't participate in U-23 category?
Not exactly.... I beleive that if you are U23, once you choose to compete in the men's category, you can't go back and compete in U23...
I thought the rule gave the applicable competitors the option of racing in the category of the competitors choosing, so one or the other but not both. Thus if a member of a WT team opted to race U23 but for one reason or another ended up with a DNF, that same rider would not be eligible to complete in the elite race,
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Karvalo wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:57 am
Van Vleuten for the win!
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

quadlt250

by quadlt250

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:23 pm

Fantastic. Watched the crash video again and you can see the colour drain from her face as the trauma set in - white as a ghost. Basically starting to go into shock. If she can win this thing, I vow that I will build a shrine to her in my home. Promise to post pics here as proof. Poor Mrs Gib is going to be very confused.
I guess you can get started. All hail AVV!!!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Lmaooooo

Attermann

by Attermann

Why do everyone keep letting her ride off like that? Not a single one tried getting on her wheel.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Wow. As she was sitting at the very back in the final kilometers, I figured she's going to try one final all-out attack if everything eventually came back together, but I actually didn't think this is going to work :shock: Amazing.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

maquisard

by maquisard

Remarkable, a once in a generation, if not generations, talent.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Attermann wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:14 am
Not a single one tried getting on her wheel.
Exactly! I thought the same.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

…easier said than done when there’s already such a high speed differential by the time you notice the attack. I doubt anyone would have been able to latch on even if they tried.

Honestly the entire chase was AvV’s secret teammate. They should have forced her to work…instead she rode very efficiently, coasting into the bunch as the catch and inevitable swell occurred. Persico (she would have been the only one with a teammate in the break) should have immediately countered while AvV was still running into the back of the group.

jasjas

by jasjas

rainerhq wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:52 am
Attermann wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:14 am
Not a single one tried getting on her wheel.
Exactly! I thought the same.
No one wants to be the rider that brings back the group and then has nothing left for the line, we all see it so often in bike races, the calculation is someone else will do it & then they don't!

But what a rider, as said Generational.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

this race lefts me kinda pissed off.. twice the very same (!) fab five formed after Kasia's attack on Mt Pleasant, twice they wouldn't work to keep the chase at bay. it was just hard to watch, even though I saw a re-run and didn't notice any morning headlines concerning Niewiadoma.

another year WC race lefts me with a sense of injustice as well - it's just wrong Italy or Netherlands have 7 riders, while some countries have two or three. it should be more equal, perhaps let each country have 4-5 riders max. it's just stupid how some riders can sit and do nothing knowing they have other options in the next group and domestiques to chase, while others gotta do all by themselves.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

spokenwords

by spokenwords

Shades of the first time Oscar Freire shook up the World. Great timing, far enough to the right to prevent anyone from latching on without a hard effort, and right when everyone was fixated on a sprint finish. I am not surprised at all that no one went with her. Great tactics by someone that wasnt going to hang around for the sprint.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

quadlt250 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:09 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:23 pm

Fantastic. Watched the crash video again and you can see the colour drain from her face as the trauma set in - white as a ghost. Basically starting to go into shock. If she can win this thing, I vow that I will build a shrine to her in my home. Promise to post pics here as proof. Poor Mrs Gib is going to be very confused.
I guess you can get started. All hail AVV!!!
Was online this morning shopping for a big AVV poster. That will be the backdrop. I'll need some of her team memorabilia. A lot of art on the walls in our home, I will have to clear a space. The only spot no taken is above the headboard of our bed, but that might be a hard sell. :D
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.