2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

maquisard
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: France

by maquisard

Great to see him back racing. Amazing that he is racing at all this season given the injuries he suffered.

User avatar
Stendhal
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:43 am
Location: Silicon Valley

by Stendhal

maquisard wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:53 am
Great to see him back racing. Amazing that he is racing at all this season given the injuries he suffered.
I always thought he has a reservoir of toughness and determination in him. He navigated the leadership politics at Sky-Ineos well in 2019 and for that matter 2018 as an up-and-comer. Would love to see him come all the way back to challenge Pogacar, that would be epic for the fans.
Orbea Orca OMX (7.17 kg), Chapter2 Rere Tauhou (7.53)
Retired: S-Works SL6, LOW mki, Dogma F10\F8, Lapierre Pulsium, TIME Fluidity, Wilier Cento1, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2\R3\Aspero\R5, Felt Z25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



User avatar
LouisN
Posts: 3374
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:44 am
Location: Canada

by LouisN

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quinta ... 7BzXFv0Gzs

That should feed this thread for a few pages lol...

Louis :)

Martin.dk
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: Denmark/Herning

by Martin.dk

Stendhal wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:20 am
maquisard wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:53 am
Great to see him back racing. Amazing that he is racing at all this season given the injuries he suffered.
I always thought he has a reservoir of toughness and determination in him. He navigated the leadership politics at Sky-Ineos well in 2019 and for that matter 2018 as an up-and-comer. Would love to see him come all the way back to challenge Pogacar, that would be epic for the fans.
Yes it would be great to see them battle for 2nd. I guess that's what you meant since you left out the current champ🤷🏼‍♂️
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

User avatar
Stendhal
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:43 am
Location: Silicon Valley

by Stendhal

Martin.dk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:39 pm
Stendhal wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:20 am
maquisard wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:53 am
Great to see him back racing. Amazing that he is racing at all this season given the injuries he suffered.
I always thought he has a reservoir of toughness and determination in him. He navigated the leadership politics at Sky-Ineos well in 2019 and for that matter 2018 as an up-and-comer. Would love to see him come all the way back to challenge Pogacar, that would be epic for the fans.
Yes it would be great to see them battle for 2nd. I guess that's what you meant since you left out the current champ🤷🏼‍♂️
Brain freeze late in the evening! I still think of Roglic v. Pogacar when I think of the exciting contest between their two teams.
Orbea Orca OMX (7.17 kg), Chapter2 Rere Tauhou (7.53)
Retired: S-Works SL6, LOW mki, Dogma F10\F8, Lapierre Pulsium, TIME Fluidity, Wilier Cento1, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2\R3\Aspero\R5, Felt Z25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0

User avatar
Stendhal
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:43 am
Location: Silicon Valley

by Stendhal

LouisN wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:51 pm
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quinta ... 7BzXFv0Gzs

That should feed this thread for a few pages lol...

Louis :)
Will it affect the relegation battle, where Arkea currently is in 15th place? (I assume the DQ will result in a loss of UCI points.) My guess is "not as much as one might think because the TdF isn't as important relatively speaking as one day races," but that may be dead wrong.
Orbea Orca OMX (7.17 kg), Chapter2 Rere Tauhou (7.53)
Retired: S-Works SL6, LOW mki, Dogma F10\F8, Lapierre Pulsium, TIME Fluidity, Wilier Cento1, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2\R3\Aspero\R5, Felt Z25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0

LedZeppelin007
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:46 pm

by LedZeppelin007

LouisN wrote:https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quinta ... 7BzXFv0Gzs

That should feed this thread for a few pages lol...

Louis :)
No one is dumb enough to take trammies during the TdF. My money is on an echo positive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

blaugrana
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 9:49 pm

by blaugrana

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:51 pm
LouisN wrote:https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quinta ... 7BzXFv0Gzs

That should feed this thread for a few pages lol...

Louis :)
No one is dumb enough to take trammies during the TdF. My money is on an echo positive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Echo positive? You mean traces from a blood transfusion like what probably happened in the Contador clembuterol positive test?
In that case, what would be the advantage of taking Tramadol when not competing, which is when the blood would have been extracted?

mike
Resident Pro
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:42 pm

by mike

Of all the famous tdf riders I would least suspect him of taking any pedals or blood transfusions. He has good and bad days just like a "normal" person would.

mike
Resident Pro
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:42 pm

by mike

mike wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:01 pm
Of all the famous tdf riders I would least suspect him of taking any ped's or blood transfusions. He has good and bad days just like a "normal" person would.

LedZeppelin007
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:46 pm

by LedZeppelin007

blaugrana wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:51 pm
LouisN wrote:https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quinta ... 7BzXFv0Gzs

That should feed this thread for a few pages lol...

Louis :)
No one is dumb enough to take trammies during the TdF. My money is on an echo positive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Echo positive? You mean traces from a blood transfusion like what probably happened in the Contador clembuterol positive test?
In that case, what would be the advantage of taking Tramadol when not competing, which is when the blood would have been extracted?
Yes, that’s exactly what I mean.

In terms of the benefit, perhaps some pain relief so he could go harder in training? Maybe he was dealing with some sort of injury? Forgot he was taking the banned meds, took out the blood, and tested positive when reinfused. Just one possibility.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LedZeppelin007
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:46 pm

by LedZeppelin007

Remember they found injection equipment when they raided Quintana’s room at the TdF in 2020.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/french ... de-france/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
spokenwords
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:21 am

by spokenwords

the dates of the positives are most suspect to me as they line up with the toughest mtn stage and his best mtn stage.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin

mike
Resident Pro
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:42 pm

by mike

If nairo doped it is a sad day. I looked up to him as well like contador

RimClencher
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:00 am

by RimClencher

spokenwords wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:46 pm
the dates of the positives are most suspect to me as they line up with the toughest mtn stage and his best mtn stage.
I think only the yellow jersey and stage winner are tested on every stage, so the dates may not be indicative.

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Post Reply