2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Karvalo

by Karvalo

I'm so lost right now I don't even know who's joking and who's being serious. All I remember about PremierTech is their hideous 'we are glocal' tagline highlighted by CT's sponsor roundup last year. Publicity can't get any worse than that, surely?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

it's not like pro sport doesn't embrace sponsors who have tons of blood on their hands - just to mention petrodollars that flood mostly F1 and football.

killing few dozens of people on a single day stands out, but that didn't happen nowhere near any location vast majority of EU/US citizens could even point on a map = sadly, from that comfy perspective it's like it didn't happen at all...

oh, and nobody has said "let's not mix sport and politics" yet...?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

I'm not usually one to care about National champs designs, but Sagan's Slovakian jersey is an atrocity on top of the TotalEnergies team kit abomination.

kilo

by kilo

micky

by micky

Nice round cheeks!

By the way, Pogacar is at the team training camp in Spain with some full white DMT KR1.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Needs more sponsors Image

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I think it was mentioned that Premier Tech stepped away from Astana because they wanted Vino back in the Astana camp. Not sure if Premier was taking a stand because of Vinos positive from a few years ago or just dont care for his management style or maybe both. But I did see that Nibbles was heading back to Astana so maybe Vino is not all that bad.
With ISN having much Canadian background its no surprise to see Premier head that way. Speaking of the Republic of Canada have you ever seen a picture of Fidel Castrol and Trudeau side by each, its pretty comparable. Haha his parents did get around you know.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

ms6073

by ms6073

micky wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:27 pm
Nice round cheeks!

By the way, Pogacar is at the team training camp in Spain with some full white DMT KR1.

Looks like an all white pair of the DMT KRSL lace up shoes.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

Is it just me, but would love to know how the guys from UAE go down a mountain or a technical road. I have heard many pros rely on the Garmin/Wahoo computer to show the route when they are not familiar with the road. My words are a bit strong, but I know i rely on my Garmin when I don't know the road that well, and it helps huge. Does not stop Pog and the gang, but I am just surprised a team like that would use the PC8. Anyways lets get back to bashing Canada.

micky

by micky

They are in Costa Blanca, where every pro has been at least a 100 times in their career.

maquisard

by maquisard

The SRM PC8 is also outdated, yesterday technology.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

toronto-rider wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:25 am
Is it just me, but would love to know how the guys from UAE go down a mountain or a technical road. I have heard many pros rely on the Garmin/Wahoo computer to show the route when they are not familiar with the road. My words are a bit strong, but I know i rely on my Garmin when I don't know the road that well, and it helps huge.
:hmm: Piece of cake. Above the tree line you can see it all and below: read the terrain, know where to look through trees, get a feel for the road design, etc. and know how to use your brakes. Merckx was a good descender, managed somehow without tech. Yeah, it's nice see that purple line coming back at you before you even see the switch back, but if you are on a road you don't know, you will still build in a little extra margin for error even if you are using a good mapping unit. And if things get super technical, better to be engaged with the road at all times. Even a quick glance at the gps unit could cost you.
toronto-rider wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:25 am
Anyways lets get back to bashing Canada.
Canada's hapiness ranking fell from 10th to 15th? SWorks 7 shoes cost $600 dollars here now? :noidea:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

CX Nationals weekend in Europe....
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Road teams training camp stories are good.
E.g. I like how WVA says he'll be the first to drop.
Did he?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Quick-Step team training on Roval Alpinist CL wheels. See the different shape of the hub.
Also the world champion on an all white bike.
https://www.gettyimages.be/detail/nieuw ... popup=true