2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

He said he is ready to go, but cobbles are cobbles, eh?

WvA FTW?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

New EF Education-Tibco-SVB kit is simple...I like it. I did also like last year's splotchy kit too though.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

LouisN wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:39 pm
:? The question is: will MVDP be at the start ? Looked like a tiny slip from the race footage, but if you read the gossip, he'll need some more time ....🤔
Yep, there at the start, there at the end.

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

Thats was more like the old MvdP; the power & technical skills in harmony....the perfect CX rider. And a good return for Wout, with good races for Vantourenhout & Sweeck - Iserbyt came back well ahead of Pidcock who made a poor start - but he's better on hillier courses.
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

van Empel too. My gosh what a powerhouse! Or should we say power-to-weight house?

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

She has some power; kept making mistakes yet came back each time. Puck, who is superior technically had to give second best; needs more testing courses to ride away - as we saw at Overijse, and on the MTB in the summer.
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Any update on Cav?
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

CustomMetal wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:18 pm
Any update on Cav?
The Ineos rumor is total BS. Can't see the desire there.
Maybe he can get onto TdF on a wild card? Oh the drama!

Stendhal

by Stendhal

UpFromOne wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:37 am
CustomMetal wrote:
Any update on Cav?
B & B's collapse hurts Cav in another way. A logical deal would have been to let ISN into the Tour as the second wildcard after B & B if ISN brought Cav. B & B would be in the pole position for the first wildcard as a French team and with Arkea-Samsic now guaranteed a spot as a top tier team following its promotion and Total Energies guaranteed a spot as a top 2022 Continental team. This would also be part of a settlement of Sylvain Adams' threatened arbitration against relegation (I've not seen the contracting documents but in my assessment based on the limited record as has been disclosed, I think the claim weak, a rare instance where I disagree with Jonathan Vaughters). With B & B gone as I assume absent a miracle, ISN moves up a slot in wildcard candidacy even without Cav. MAYBE this year ASO invites Euskadi since the Tour starts in the Basque Country (I'm looking forward to that), but I can't see it selecting an Italian second tier team. The other main contender for the spot and I predict biggest beneficiary is Uno-X. Or for US fans, Human Powered Health.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

All of a sudden UAE-Emirates team bikes became much more desirable (to me) with team adding ENVE wheels to already changed Shimano group sets.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

Ramon Sinkeldam, who was rumoured to be joining B&B, has instead signed for Alpecin. And today Victor Koreztky leaves B&B to Bora, that's a good move for him, and a definite upgrade.
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Stendhal wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:37 am
UpFromOne wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:37 am
CustomMetal wrote:
Any update on Cav?
B & B's collapse hurts Cav in another way. A logical deal would have been to let ISN into the Tour as the second wildcard after B & B if ISN brought Cav. B & B would be in the pole position for the first wildcard as a French team and with Arkea-Samsic now guaranteed a spot as a top tier team following its promotion and Total Energies guaranteed a spot as a top 2022 Continental team. This would also be part of a settlement of Sylvain Adams' threatened arbitration against relegation (I've not seen the contracting documents but in my assessment based on the limited record as has been disclosed, I think the claim weak, a rare instance where I disagree with Jonathan Vaughters). With B & B gone as I assume absent a miracle, ISN moves up a slot in wildcard candidacy even without Cav. MAYBE this year ASO invites Euskadi since the Tour starts in the Basque Country (I'm looking forward to that), but I can't see it selecting an Italian second tier team. The other main contender for the spot and I predict biggest beneficiary is Uno-X. Or for US fans, Human Powered Health.
A rather good analysis there. It would definitely be in the interests of UCI and stakeholders to negotiate with ISN on a strictly confidential basis.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

BenSiskri wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:42 am
Ramon Sinkeldam, who was rumoured to be joining B&B, has instead signed for Alpecin. And today Victor Koreztky leaves B&B to Bora, that's a good move for him, and a definite upgrade.
Koreztky move is interesting as he had a lackluster season on the road and mtb. He must have good numbers.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

So Le Col–Wahoo is contracting as well? Probably in no small part due to Wahoo's own descent toward restructuring/bankruptcy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

So will Cav retire now?