2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

yup, that's an ultimate friendship story.

I sometimes wonder if somewhere, in a parallel universe, where Lance hadn't been such a world class a-hole, today both him and Jan aren't some managers of best WT teams, acting as role models for new generations and stuff

that would be so awesome, to be able to cherish the memories of your idols and have their experience work for the benefit of cycling community. just wrong discipline I guess...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

C36

by C36

tymon_tm wrote:yup, that's an ultimate friendship story.

I sometimes wonder if somewhere, in a parallel universe, where Lance hadn't been such a world class a-hole, today both him and Jan aren't some managers of best WT teams, acting as role models for new generations and stuff

that would be so awesome, to be able to cherish the memories of your idols and have their experience work for the benefit of cycling community. just wrong discipline I guess...
WTF did I just read… you mean not an ass, but also not corrupting the UCI, not the biggest cheater, not running a mafia type of organisation?

He wouldn’t have ever been in the history books and would have zero reasons for him to lead any team.

Edit: funny enough that's pretty much what you said on a previous post, without all this he wouldn't have existed
Last edited by C36 on Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

I agree that he was an ass and a big ahole but did he really have any power over the UCI? Or were they just complicit in not wanting riders to test positive? Was he the 'biggest' cheater? All the teams were using the same doping techniques. Maybe he was just a better responder than Ullrich or Pantani? Maybe Ferrari's mobile camper van was the superior system?

C36

by C36

AJS914 wrote:I agree that he was an ass and a big ahole but did he really have any power over the UCI? Or were they just complicit in not wanting riders to test positive? Was he the 'biggest' cheater? All the teams were using the same doping techniques. Maybe he was just a better responder than Ullrich or Pantani? Maybe Ferrari's mobile camper van was the superior system?
There is a 227 pages audit from CIRC that talks about it in long details. The politically correct findings were that “the UCI did treated him very differently from any other rider”, “that they were unable to differentiate the rider from the cancer survivor”, “that the uci didn’t apply their own rules on medial exemption” (the cortisone story), “they adopted a defensive position, each attack to LA was taken as a attack to the UCI”… and they skipped parts that could have directly involve the 2 presidents or LA financing equipment.

Considering LA was on an equal doping level than the rest is a myth perpetuated by his fans that do not support facts, either from Usada or ex teammates. It’s not really about the products (well the cortisone for the first years was a massive plus) but how you use them and with the calm mind that they won’t hunt you, that’s an aspect often totally overlooked.

maquisard

by maquisard

Not this again... everyone will have a different opinion on Armstrong. Rehashing these views again over and over doesn't add much.

Let's move on. I am excited for Lombardia, one of my favourite races of the year.

Aeo

by Aeo

Former UCI president Brian Cookson has told Cyclingnews that he was made aware that Chris Froome had returned an adverse analytical finding (AFF) for salbutamol one day before being ousted as the head of the sport's governing body.
UCI is always involved and protects/unprotects riders when convenient
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

the urge to play same old broken record on repeat is just too strong for some of you apparently. seems like your entire purpose of being here is to constantly remind us how you feel about certain individuals and how we all should bow to your infinte, ad naseum arguments. get a life, seriously,. or go somewhere else where *people are wrong in the internet*, and haven't been graced with your happy, positive attitude yet

Karvalo

by Karvalo

tymon_tm wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:48 pm
the urge to play same old broken record on repeat is just too strong for some of you apparently. seems like your entire purpose of being here is to constantly remind us how you feel about certain individuals and how we all should bow to your infinte, ad naseum arguments. get a life, seriously,. or go somewhere else where *people are wrong in the internet*, and haven't been graced with your happy, positive attitude yet
FFS dude you posted the damn photo. Don't kick the hornets' nest then bitch about being stung.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Karvalo wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:
FFS dude you posted the damn photo. Don't kick the hornets' nest then bitch about being stung.
This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasjas

by jasjas

tymon_tm wrote:
It's not your job to tell people what they can or can't post and if everyone only every posted something that had never been posted before, this forum would be more dead than it is already.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

A lot of retirements after this season.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Karvalo wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:57 pm
tymon_tm wrote:
I posted a photo, a single freakin goddamn photo... with adnotation doping comments aren't necessary nor welcome, because - duh - it had nothing to do with that. but if someone can't help himself, and still launches a tirade based on that, if mentioning a name even in a totally different context triggers the hell outta him, he should go see someone about it - it's not normal and not healthy at all.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

tymon_tm wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:31 pm
I posted a photo, a single freakin goddamn photo... with adnotation doping comments aren't necessary nor welcome, because - duh - it had nothing to do with that. but if someone can't help himself, and still launches a tirade based on that, if mentioning a name even in a totally different context triggers the hell outta him, he should go see someone about it - it's not normal and not healthy at all.
Cry me a freakin' river.

You posted a photo of Lance Armstrong for no reason with no topic of discussion suggested, and you freely admit that you knew it would make people want to talk about Lance Armstrong and what Lance Armstrong did. Knowingly baiting people into doing that and then attacking them for it is not healthy.

AJS914

by AJS914

It's a great time to talk about LA and doping and whatever. It's October and the Worlds are over. Not much pro racing for a while.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

well, my biggest mistake is to have thought WW crowd is mature enough to handle a photo without panicking. guess not, move on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com