2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

pastronef

by pastronef

blogger creating doping hoax to trap Antoine Vayer aka Festinaboy

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1543223829278892033

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

blaugrana wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:52 am

Yes, this is not off by 1cm, it's quite a bit over the rule (should be 1/2 of the leg length max, these are about 2/3). The problem is the precedent: once in the worlds TT the comissaires made Evenepoel pull his socks down, and he basically laughed at them and pulled them up seconds after the start. He didn't get DQ'd or penalised, so the message was that the rule doesn't really matter.

But after all the rule is there because there is an advantage to be gained, so I don't see any reason not to police it strictly. It's not that hard to measure, and teams know exactly what they are doing when they break it, this is no accident. If the minimum weight rule or all the rules about bike measurements can be enforced, so can this one.
If it is so simple, draw a line on that picture and show us exactly where his ankle is and where his knee is. To be honest, I'm not against the point you're making, but the photo isn't clear and even in reality, everyon'e body is different and I don't beleive the rule is very specific in terms of directing EXACTLY where the measurments be taken... which means it is open to interpreation by the UCI judges... the same judges that are there reviewing everyone's bike and kit before they each go off. If it was in violation, they would have stopped him. To you honestly think the sock made the win yesterday? They did NOT.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I drew lines where I think his ankle is and there I think his knee is.... is 1/2 way, maybe? is it 60%, maybe? Seems silly to be making such a big deal about it when the officials approved it.

blaugrana

by blaugrana

They do state which bones you have to measure from:
Of course there is going to be a bit of error in the measurements, but it should still be accurate enough to enforce the rule. Of course it's harder from a picture as you can't feel the bones sticking out and have to eyeball it a little, but I think it would be something along these lines:

It is true that it seems a bit absurd to make such a big deal about a small thing like this (and no, I don't believe it's enough to have decided yesterday's TT, of course), but it's actually the teams who make a big deal out of it because there is an advantage to be gained. I mean, they have gone to the point of gluing their socks on, so it's clearly not an insignificant detail to them.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

UCI can complicate even as simple stuff as sock lenght - just make it 15cm max or whatever and be done with it :roll:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

pastronef wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:16 pm
blogger creating doping hoax to trap Antoine Vayer aka Festinaboy

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1543223829278892033
So the Google translate is really bad on that article but I think I got the gist of it... is he saying the only reason the police have raided Bahrain-Victorious twice is because he made up some fake doping information to entrap a couple of French pundits?

spokenwords

by spokenwords

Wait so somebody tricked Bahrain into buying a fake drug, or did they trick the French investigators into thinking Bahrain had a bunch of adult candy in their midst?
to
nevermind, I "read" the translated post. Somebody tricked the french press into taking the bait of some made up wonder drug being used by Bahrain (AK47 lol). :popcorn:
I patiently wait for the response from the French PoPo.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

"we acted on credible intel, cycling has a long standing history of doping, blah blah blah"

micky

by micky

Valverde ended involved in a crash after a 69 years old driver in a car used the brakes in front of Valverde training group on purpose to make them crash.
The story is a bit blurry, but it seems the man has been arrested and luckily no serious injuries for Valverde and his mates.

pastronef

by pastronef

spokenwords wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:41 pm
Wait so somebody tricked Bahrain into buying a fake drug, or did they trick the French investigators into thinking Bahrain had a bunch of adult candy in their midst?
to
nevermind, I "read" the translated post. Somebody tricked the french press into taking the bait of some made up wonder drug being used by Bahrain (AK47 lol). :popcorn:
I patiently wait for the response from the French PoPo.
tomorrow the second part if the blog piece will be published.
what I understand is Vayer and Vildary got hoaxed and Vayer believes the hoax came from Bahrain personnel

spokenwords

by spokenwords

micky wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:11 pm
Valverde ended involved in a crash after a 69 years old driver in a car used the brakes in front of Valverde training group on purpose to make them crash.
The story is a bit blurry, but it seems the man has been arrested and luckily no serious injuries for Valverde and his mates.
Im glad they found and arrested the person. Thanks for the update.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

Alfus

by Alfus

Edited for inappropriate language. The user has been warned by DM

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Alfus wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:34 pm
Edited for inappropriate language
Well I don't know about that, the victim survived, but I thought it telling that at least in the first minutes after, judging by the television shots, no one was congratulating him other than his own team.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

spartan

by spartan

:unbelievable: the strongest won. why no shit for WVA drifting to the barriers against sagan

[
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

the most moronic comment over here in a long time, hope mods give you some time off
spartan wrote: :unbelievable: the strongest won. why no shit for WVA drifting to the barriers against sagan
exactly, Sagan could've fight for the win if it wasn't for WVA's "curvy" sprint

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com