Cannondale Hollowgram questions...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Berzin1

by Berzin1

I see lots of variations in availability and price, usually where each item of the complete total is sold separately.

It doesn't sem like the arms, chainrings and bottom bracket are sold as a complete set, and if it is the price is way out there. Even Cannondale doesn't advertise them as a complete set. When I e-mailed them about this, I was told to talk to my local Cannondale dealer.

For my next build, I'm not going with the Shimano 12-speed crank. What would be some alternatives for the crankarm/chainring combo?

What about the bottom bracket? Can I use the Hollowgrams cranks for a t47? Would I need aftermarket adaptors?

takolino

by takolino

Hollowgrams have many configurations and options so it's better to buy separate and get the components you want. Arms have different bends between the series, like SL, SiSL2 etc. The Si is the budget/heavy option. just make sure you get the appropriate spindle for the series because it will mess up your q factor. Arms are interchangeable for MTB/Road. Lots of spindle lengths available which is good and bad. Spiders also for MTB, road 110bcd, 130, campag, etc. There are two levels of spiderings (one piece double ring) and they come in several ratios. There's even a 46-30 for gravel, and NW for road and mtb. The only limitation is it fits BB30/PF30 and T47-68 (73 mtb) only so you're limited on frame choices.

Configurations will depend on what you want to build. What are you trying to achieve?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berzin1

by Berzin1

I am considering a road carbon frame for climbing. I will be going new Dura-Ace and I will not be using their crankarms.

As for the spider rings, I was thinking maybe something that will add a bit of pizzazz to the build. I've seen the Cannondale crankarms with FSA rings and they looked great, but I haven't decided yet.