Northern Spain - Places to Stay/Ride

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Northern Spain is the target for next summer. I have planned a couple of weeks of riding in Cantabria and everything from about Santander to Oviedo. We will be supported and will of course hit all the best and biggest climbs, Angliru, Lagos de Covadonga, etc. What I need is a good base for about a week beforehand and have been targeting the Area between Bilbao and San Sebastian. Mrs Gib and I prefer Airbnb as oposed to hotels. We like a decent town with basic amenities such as grocery and at least a few restaurants, but the priority is access to good riding loops. What is the riding like east of Bilbao and around San Sebastian? Looks good on the map. And what about staying on the outskirts of Bilbao? A big city I know, but it has the advantage of being our gateway airport. Perhaps some small towns just to the East of Bilboa?

Suggestions of towns and must ride roads welcome.

TKS.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Herb5998

by Herb5998

Did a bike tour during the Vuelta in 2008 around the Oviedo area. Riding was great, but expect to get rain at least one or two days.

One option that was really nice to stay in the area was “Cazadores of Spain” all historic properties, they are hotels, but they were bike friendly, and situated in some great areas. Normally they have deals and in the past they would transfer luggage between hotels as part of a package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com