shakedry

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

I want to wear this with a hydration backpack. Will it abrade and wear out the material?
I mean gore makes a hiker version and hikers always wear backpacks.

Also how well does it work as a wind blocker in dry condition. If you wear a base layer + shakedry only would you be able to do the whole ride?

If you have short sleeve inside does it stick to your skin?

C36

by C36

I don’t have an answer to the last one but you can’t wear a backpack, that’s clear on the instructions and when you see the material.

If totally stop the wind.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

Depends how rough the backpack straps are. It will abrade over time when wearing the same backpack where strap locations are in same spot.
Regular Gore doesn't abrade as much as the ShakeDry. Even packing the ShakeDry in your back jersey pocket will abrade to a point. And yes, it will stick to your skin when you perspire.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

Thanks, I decided it is not a good use case for me and have to pick another product.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

ShakeDry is basically exposed Gore-Tex membrane without any face fabric to protect it, hence the significant weight reduction and the elimination of DWR finish. I wouldn't risk it with wearing a backback considering the cost. Otherwise, it's a fantastic product which works well in protecting you from elements.