MSRP on bike

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

cure

by cure

hello,
this pandemic has really hit the cycling industry hard and its hard to find anything right now. i finally can get my hands on a frameset but they are selling to me at market price. its a 2022 model but i'm not sure if its normal "pre pandemic" to have a discount. if so, i guess it would be unnatural to request one for one? anybody have experience in this and would this be rude to bring up?

thank you
i love udon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dat

by Dat

We aren't discounting anything at the moment. Pre-pandemic we would but it's a supply and demand issue. If we can sell it full price to someone else in a few days, why would we sell it for less?

AJS914

by AJS914

cure wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:17 pm
if so, i guess it would be unnatural to request one for one? anybody have experience in this and would this be rude to bring up?
If you have a good relationship with your shop, it never hurts to ask nicely.

niklasp

by niklasp

If you sell umbrellas and it's raining outside... Would you change the price from 10usd to 15usd?

Frames are pretty expensive so try to ask. It's your money.
The time when you could get nice price on stock bikes are gone... For now.
Also. Ask other shops if you want to save a few quid . For once in cycling it's sellers market, but I still see alot of expensive gravel and road bikes in stock. Not everyone pays 5k for a bike.
It's pretty early for 2022 during pandemic.

What frame did you buy?:D

Karvalo

by Karvalo

It's not rude to ask, but you're incredibly unlikely to get anything. It's a sellers market.

cure

by cure

thank you. i did get a few hundred off but ya still quite expensive.
i love udon.

cure

by cure

niklasp wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:15 am
If you sell umbrellas and it's raining outside... Would you change the price from 10usd to 15usd?

Frames are pretty expensive so try to ask. It's your money.
The time when you could get nice price on stock bikes are gone... For now.
Also. Ask other shops if you want to save a few quid . For once in cycling it's sellers market, but I still see alot of expensive gravel and road bikes in stock. Not everyone pays 5k for a bike.
It's pretty early for 2022 during pandemic.

What frame did you buy?:D
hello, yes i tried but got one a few hundred off, better than nothing. im on waiting list still but they put in order for me. i will get wilier jena gravel bike. i want to build one myself, the components are scarce and hard to find too. so parts will trickle down to my home when they are in stock again, oct. or november...such a bad time to get anything. i've had my caad9 since 2010 and wanted to try a carbon/ 'do it all' bike. more endurance and off road options as well but decent on road. so i'll be ok for another 10 years or more lol.
i love udon.

nickf

by nickf

We would never discount the bike, ever. Accessories yes we had wiggle room.

niklasp

by niklasp

cure wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:58 pm
thank you. i did get a few hundred off but ya still quite expensive.
That's fair on a expensive frameset. Wilier is nice!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

We only discount our loyal customers, the ones who bring their bikes in for servicing and order stuff through us. Margins are way to small to give significant discounts these days.