BKool or Rouvy

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ms6073

by ms6073

Put this in the chat forum since the question is more about entertainment of indoor training and less about the training value. Tried Big Ring VR early last year, but found it to be problematic as the profile of many of the videos do not play nicely with our legacy Tacx Neos when it comes to setting resistance on climbs. So having been a Rouvy subscriber for serveral years, I am curious to gather opinions/experiences with BKool. Now before anybody says Zwift, dont go there, don't care, not interested! I have tried using BKool on an off over the past couple years as I like the apps ability to allow users to ride a route as real video or 3D, but always had been put off due to issues using the app.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Have you tried GT Bike V yet? It got Bluetooth and steering support recently, might be worth checking out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EdWiser

by EdWiser

Klaster_1 wrote:Have you tried GT Bike V yet? It got Bluetooth and steering support recently, might be worth checking out.
Well if he doesn’t like Zwift he is not going to like Grand Theft Auto Mod.
I ride Rouvy everyday. great app.

MaxPower

by MaxPower

came from 2 years bkool over to rouvy. video quality is better, and i don´t race.

ms6073

by ms6073

Thanks, appreciate the comments. Had originally been using Road Grand Tours and found the environments and fideltiy to be very good, but opted for Rouvy when RGT moved away from the desktop model. Agree with the quality of the Rouvy videos but not having looked at BKool in over 14-months was a tad curious, but thinking back on it, I also found the process to search for rides in BKool to be very frustrating.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

moonoi

by moonoi

Have you tried Fulgaz? I started using it after getting bored with Zwift, video quality is great, and as I can download the videos locally, I don't need to worry so much about my Internet connection dying part way in to the ride.

Only thing you really need to adjust is the trainer sensitivity, by default it's set to 1, so is slow to respond to changes in the app, at 4 or 5 it's far more responsive and realistic.

My 2 week trial is almost over, and given the experience seriously considering subscribing.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

EdWiser

by EdWiser

moonoi wrote:Have you tried Fulgaz? I started using it after getting bored with Zwift, video quality is great, and as I can download the videos locally, I don't need to worry so much about my Internet connection dying part way in to the ride.

Only thing you really need to adjust is the trainer sensitivity, by default it's set to 1, so is slow to respond to changes in the app, at 4 or 5 it's far more responsive and realistic.

My 2 week trial is almost over, and given the experience seriously considering subscribing.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
You. Can do that with Rouvy too. I download rides when I am leading group rides. Which keeps riders of different levels together thru a ride. In the training setting you can adjust the reality level you ride it. In time trial mode you are always riding at 100 % reality.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com