Absolute Black OSPW(reamed by Hambini).

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

I'd be more intrested to see if the shifting is better then Ceramicspeeds shifting on the 9100 and up series because in all reality the percentage of people capturing that 1-2% wattage advantage is a small few unless you race at the elite level...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Exactly. None of us really know that the complete design parameters are. If you gave an engineer complete control with an unlimited budget, IF it ever got done, it would be too costly for the average consumer. I'm certain there are bad engineers but I do believe most people do not go to work thinking they are going to do the worst job possible. That goes for engineers too. They do their best with what the goals are.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

shoemakerpom2010 wrote:I'd be more intrested to see if the shifting is better then Ceramicspeeds shifting on the 9100 and up series because in all reality the percentage of people capturing that 1-2% wattage advantage is a small few unless you race at the elite level...
Agreed, (which is why imho the products pretty pointless), but hambini and their Ilk should be disproving this functionality, not where the bearing casements were made or which lube..

Sent from my M2101K7AG using Tapatalk

"I saw you with elephants hosing down some dwarves on black and white TV" - Ode to Anthony H Wilson

TCRguy99

by TCRguy99

reported as offensive
16' Madone RSL - Ultegra di2 - 7.5kg
84' Guerciotti GLX neo-retro - Centaur 10s - 9.07kg
18' Trek Speed Concept UCI build - Sram Red 1x10 - unknown weight ATM
12' Ciocc Volpe CX bike - Shimano GRX - 7.8kg

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:04 pm
We consumers in the cycle industry accept shit that would not be tolerated in most other industries. Guys like Hambini ultimately help the situation.
I fully agree that this bubble in particular needed bursting, but one can burst bubbles without bombast.

A great illustration is bicyclerollingresistance.com. They've shown that the new Conti GP5000S TR rolls about the same as the TL version despite Conti's claims to the contrary. They've also shown that Schwalbe's new-ish tires roll slower than the old ones. Tom Anhalt has been doing yeoman's work in the same field and for longer, I believe.

These things are a real service to consumers, and they don't involve the constant self-aggrandizing that plagues Hambini's videos. Hambini is actively choosing to be an asshole--it's clearly intentional. Let's not give Hambini a pass on that choice.

---------

Someone upthread asked whether Hambini is a "real" engineer. I think he's probably got a degree, but he's so cagey about his background that I have often wondered whether he does. One yellow flag: tribology and fluid dynamics don't have a lot of overlap in skill sets (except for the behavior of lubricant in bearings). It's unusual to claim SME status in both. It's possible, but unlikely.

I'm an engineer who works in aerospace, and I'd hate to have Hambini as a colleague. People that shouty and self-important tend not to last long in any engineering organization. Something about Hambini doesn't pass the sniff test.

There are logistical inconsistencies around his wind tunnel data (time/expense/permission) that I've never seen him address, which strongly implies that at least some of the data are fabricated. That kind of evasiveness makes me think he's not being particularly honest about his background, either. Of course, I can't know for sure.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Hambini chooses his style for entertainment purposes. It's his approach to marketing his product. It's not up to anyone to give him a pass or not, rather some will like the style and some will not. All are free to be critical of that style and none are forced to consume his output - very simple. I believe the real issue is whether or not his observations have value. I maintain that they do. It's either Hambini's manic ways, or Luescher's inarticulate mumbling. It would be nice if we had a professional approach to this stuff but alas, it does not pay enough.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I agree with the above. Peak torque is easier on the ears. I used to find hambini super annoying but now have warmed to him although I don't agree with all his wording when he goes off topic about hairdressers etc.
He has done vids on his qualifications/experience which are easy to find out anyone wants to see them.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

We're just going to forget the bit about him stalking Michelle Arthurs-Brennan and the misogynism to go with it?

You've warmed up to that?

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

No not in the slightest

(Edit) have just read through some of the stuff that happened. So will retract my warmed comment.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

jurez

by jurez

he posted a new short video on aB OSPW. i found it a bit funny.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

It's funny how some people get canceled for less in life and Hambini gets a pass. I do not watch the guy but if half the stuff was correct with the stalking incident is true, why is he even around?

TCRguy99

by TCRguy99

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:29 am
We're just going to forget the bit about him stalking Michelle Arthurs-Brennan and the misogynism to go with it?

The cancel brigade is here. Show proof or get out.
16' Madone RSL - Ultegra di2 - 7.5kg
84' Guerciotti GLX neo-retro - Centaur 10s - 9.07kg
18' Trek Speed Concept UCI build - Sram Red 1x10 - unknown weight ATM
12' Ciocc Volpe CX bike - Shimano GRX - 7.8kg

Coolcat

by Coolcat

Stalking? Or looking at Strava rides?

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

TobinHatesYou wrote:
We're just going to forget the bit about Michelle Arthurs-Brennan being dumb af not setting her Strava to private while riding around during lockdown?

Fixed it for you
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ViperFFM wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:59 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
We're just going to forget the bit about Michelle Arthurs-Brennan being dumb af not setting her Strava to private while riding around during lockdown?

Fixed it for you

And tracking her whereabouts across Europe when she and her husband were transporting a car? He's of course deleted all those blog posts now, but you can still find traces of it via search.

As for the misogyny bit:
Michelle Arthurs Brennan is a 31 year old cycling journalist, she has had previous experiences with flouting the law here. Commentators on the post linked have claimed that Michelle is infertile and her feminist extremism is a cover up for her infertility. She herself has described her amenorrhea (failure to menstruate) as a result of her excessive training. However gynecological experts have suggested Arthurs-Brennan has a body fat percentage that is too high and an underlying condition such as polycystic ovary syndrome exists. Some users that claim to know Michelle and Maurice have stated she has had multiple failed IVF treatments. She also claims to be an expert in bed and deems the exploits of ham fisted amateurs at massaging her clitoris to be equivalent to those of poor fitting bicycle saddles.
But yeah, keep defending the dude. It'll certainly help Make Weight Weenies Great Again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com