Do Dura-Ace R9100 pedals have a lower q-factor?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ABogle

by ABogle

Hi, do Dura-Ace R9100 pedals have a lower q-factor than the ultegra & 105 pedals? (standard axle width models for all pedals mentioned)

I hate to raise this but I'm hearing different things.

Thanks,

Ypuh

by Ypuh

That's true. DA is -2mm on each side compared to 105/Ultegra which I would consider standard. You also have an extended DA version that's +4 mm, so +2 compared to 105/Ultegra. Last but not least you have 105/Ultegra extended that are +4mm compared to standard.

Honestly; Q-factor is overrated. There's probably a lot more variation in Q-factor already that you are unaware of. SRAM, Shimano, Rotor, FSA cranksets all have different Q-factors and even within brands there are variations. I'm a pretty sensitive to position changes, but Q-factor appears to be heavily overreacted on.

If any; I would go wider, not narrower.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Ypuh wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:56 pm
I'm a pretty sensitive to position changes, but Q-factor appears to be heavily overreacted on.

If any; I would go wider, not narrower.
You know lets not get into such generalizations because this is 100% dependent on each and every individual. I ride the standard Shimano PD-R9100 pedals but recently tried a +4 mm wider set and while I could ride with them, I immediatley noticed the diference. My wife on the other hand could not adapt as I recently tried to convert her from Speedplay Zero pedals wth shorter than standard Ti spindles to a set of standard Dura Ace pedals and despite seat height, setback, and stem adjustments, the wider stance gave and differnt cleat position gave her both knee and back pain, so back to the Speedplay.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"