Ideas for a perfect online bike shop

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Wiggle is near perfect, but they use Herpes and give you free plastic wrapped gummi candy made with pig bones.
My idea would be copy Wiggle but provide a higher-end weenie range in addition to the lower end ones and maybe a universal free edible like a dark choc wrapped on foil and use Royal Mail.

Don't worry about Brexit. If your business model can survive hard times it can flourish in good times.

usr

by usr

As others have said, the R2 scales are a winner (and yet for some reason I believe that I have never ordered there, must be the absence of Campagnolo parts)

Be clear about the distinction between stocked and on-demand: it's cool to list items that you'll never intend to routinely stock, but be clear about it. "It will take about five work days longer because that's how our supplier rolls" is something entirely different than "we ran out this week". Perhaps even have a systematic approach to uncertain items, like allowing orders to be conditional, "buy item #123 unless availability projection turns out to be >2 weeks, then cancel immediately" (I assume that actual upstream availability will be far better known once you have a concrete taker). This could be awesome e.g. for listing exotic spares that are usually only available by phonecall.

Some simply web UI things like when you reach an item by text search you should be able to click through to where it resides in the semantic directory hierarchies, to check out it's peers that did not match the text search.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

welchy

by welchy

usr wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:30 pm
As others have said, the R2 scales are a winner (and yet for some reason I believe that I have never ordered there, must be the absence of Campagnolo parts)

Be clear about the distinction between stocked and on-demand: it's cool to list items that you'll never intend to routinely stock, but be clear about it. "It will take about five work days longer because that's how our supplier rolls" is something entirely different than "we ran out this week". Perhaps even have a systematic approach to uncertain items, like allowing orders to be conditional, "buy item #123 unless availability projection turns out to be >2 weeks, then cancel immediately" (I assume that actual upstream availability will be far better known once you have a concrete taker). This could be awesome e.g. for listing exotic spares that are usually only available by phonecall.

Some simply web UI things like when you reach an item by text search you should be able to click through to where it resides in the semantic directory hierarchies, to check out it's peers that did not match the text search.
Thanks for all the feedback guys and girls, so we've decided to target the high end and lightweight market shortly. So the website will be focused on weighing parts and the sort of niche parts you can't usually get. Oh, and, Campagnolo. Because I love Campy 🤣

It'll take a good few months until we really go for it! But watch this space. If anybody has any other thoughts send me a message :)

welchy

by welchy

Will welcome the feedback, we put together this short of Deda tape as we know WW loves it:

https://youtu.be/a_Jd-9mM1aQ