Where to buy XXS clothes?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

claus

by claus

I am trying to find some jerseys and Castelly tri suits/bibs (because of their thin "tri pad") in size XXS (or maybe XS) but it seems they are not sold to "the general public" (i.e., I only find some on ebay from time to time but not often enough - the zipper on my last "bodypaint tri suit" just broke).
Is there some way to buy these items online and if so, where?

PS: I bought a lot of jerseys from other manufacturers in size XS but all of them are too big, e.g., Assos Jersey BMC 2018, dhb Aeron, Sportful Strike, Alé Solid MC Colour.

misteryellow

by misteryellow

How tall are you?
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joejack951

by joejack951

Try womens’ sizes?

For a broken zipper, find a seamstress and get it repaired.

claus

by claus

To answer both postings in one reply:

175cm tall

Women clothes -- let's just say the fit is wrong -- I tried those in a shop once.
(and in case someone suggests "kid clothes": I tried those too: all of them were low quality, probably not surprising as kids would only wear them a short time).

Replace the zipper: sure, that's on the list but I know that the rest of the suit will "fall apart" soon too (as did the previous one about two months ago) and by then I need some replacement.

Still hoping someone has suggestions where to buy good cycling clothes in size XXS!

misteryellow

by misteryellow

claus wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:53 am
To answer both postings in one reply:

175cm tall

Women clothes -- let's just say the fit is wrong -- I tried those in a shop once.
(and in case someone suggests "kid clothes": I tried those too: all of them were low quality, probably not surprising as kids would only wear them a short time).

Replace the zipper: sure, that's on the list but I know that the rest of the suit will "fall apart" soon too (as did the previous one about two months ago) and by then I need some replacement.

Still hoping someone has suggestions where to buy good cycling clothes in size XXS!
That seems crazy, you must be very lightweight then or something. Anyway, have you taken a look at Q36.5? They sell XS and fit tight.
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

kode54

by kode54

XS in race cut should be similar to XXS. But at 175cm tall...I can't imagine anyone wearing a S at that height.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

JoO

by JoO

if in europe:
bioracer jerseys
https://www.bioracer.com/en/team-clothi ... t-bioracer

I am 175 cm and use XS
First jersey where my T-tex arms fit in well

they also have xxs

dont like the bibshorts

I do like their one piece triathlon suits

for bib shorts
Skinfit the chamois is more triathlon like than road dyper.
fit is quite small for a given size
i have size 29 jeans and use a size medium bib short.

I quess size S will correspons to XS/XXS

jcrr

by jcrr

I wanted to commiserate as a 170cm male who also struggles to find a good fit from the smallest size offered by brands. It doesn't help that I'm built like a runner, so I have a super frustrating time finding good compression of bibs and a properly size pad. Speaking of which, I can't believe that some brands use the same pad for the whole range of sizes.

A few thoughts from experience:
Sleeved tri suits are a great pad alternative to skinsuits in some brands. One piece San Remo-style suits may fit better than bibs + jersey. An extra seam along a jersey's underarm, grabbing any extra material, can make a better fitting sleeve. Top-tier women's design don't really work for guys, and viceversa.

I have not tried all the cool brands (because $$$). Have found Morvelo's nth bibs in XS fit my dimensions and wants very well. Their jerseys? not so much... Anyone here on the smaller side tried Assos? Ale? MAAP?
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"

claus

by claus

Sorry, no picture of me wearing an XXS skinsuit.
BTW: long legs, short torso seems to help with a low weight
-- just as warm weather seems to do (less water stored in body?)

Here are some actual sizes for Castelli XS and XXS (measured in cm, when the item is put on a flat surface, so circumference is about twice that)

Code: Select all

arm-pit to arm-pit        sleeve opening    bottom
XXS     32                        11                25
XS      34                        12                29
About Q36.5: they list XXS on their size chart but after a brief look I can't find a jersey with that size and the Tri suit is not available in XXS (and I haven't found much info about the pad either).

About Bioracer: they list some interesting sizes, BUT it seems you cannot buy them?
For example, the Tri suit is listed starting at S, not XS nor XXS.
Moreover, the smallest size for Tri is XS (according to their chart), not XXS.

If you have actual sizes of jerseys/Tri suits, please post them, thanks!
The size charts are not really helpful as they don't show the actual size,
just the recommendations when a person has certain measurements.
Last edited by claus on Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pabloldv

by Pabloldv

gobik makes xxs clothing