Euro Shopping Websites

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mcal8055

by mcal8055

Hello all,

What websites do my European counterparts use to look for deals/compare prices? I find that Google Shopping does not pull very many listings from European sites.

Thanks!

GaBa

by GaBa

Bike24.com
Bike-discount.de
Bike-components.de
Merlincycles.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

Could add http://sergedutouron.com to the list.

usr

by usr

I believe that geizhals.eu would be the closest to Google shopping for .at and .de (and maybe also .pl and .uk), but its main focus is on electronics. Computer parts, phones, TV sets and so on. It's awesome when you are looking for e.g. a laptop computer with a certain feature combination and don't really care for the brand.

For bike parts, like all the others who just posted where they are ordering (not where they check a price comparison directory) I usually just check a few shops for availability of what I need and price awareness just an almost accidental side effect. And then I add all the parts that I don't need to the virtual shopping basket and get into character for trying to convince myself that I'm utterly surprised about where all the money went.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

R2-bike and bike 24 are my go to, German websites often have the best prices because they only have to pay 19% taxes when they buy their stuff, in most other countries is 21%

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:06 am
R2-bike and bike 24 are my go to, German websites often have the best prices because they only have to pay 19% taxes when they buy their stuff, in most other countries is 21%
I fully agree with this. These two are my favourites too. Sometimes I use Futurumshop or Mantel too because they often have nice reductions, but maybe more for clothing.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Might be a good place to start
viewtopic.php?t=161580
Official cafe stop tester

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Any UK website right now is a big NoNo

YinYang

by YinYang

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:47 pm
Any UK website right now is a big NoNo
Why is this the case?

jagheterjan

by jagheterjan

Cause you get hit with import taxes, VAT declarations and all sorts of annoyances when ordering from Euroland. Plus, shipping times are through the roof no thanks to That Virus and Brexit. It's like ordering from North Korea.

synchronicity

by synchronicity

The ones already mentioned + bikeinn.com. They are bit slow (to Australia, but also processing time before they ship the actual order out to you) but they do have a fairly wide selection & some good prices (I've been looking at cycle clothing). I think it's Spanish so that explains the "mañana" attitude.🤪

And then there's starbike.😕
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

discolite

by discolite

I buy from all these sites with some regularity. I find bike24 has the best overseas shipping rates.
MERLIN • Newsboy #11 • Elevator soft-tail • Cyrene 650C • Fat Beat • XLM Lefty • Extralite • Sandstone
ROAD • Litespeed Ghisallo • Cervelo RCA • Passoni Animus Ti
ETC • Spectrum Super Ti SS • Black Sheep FS • Budnitz Steel Belt Drive • Tyrell Ti

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Lets not forget hibike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Alltricks.fr carry most vanilla stuff (nothing too exotic)
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jurez

by jurez

havent seen bikeinn mentioned, have ordered from there and if I disregard really really long shipping time they were alright. the only shop that carried some part I needed.

also ciclib.de are good, only store where I got my mavic inner tubes. I really wanted that black extender and ventil (not sure how the english word for it is...) and they were the cheapest and they had stock.
also they have shimano yellow cleats quite cheap.

the rest is standard, bike24, bike-components and some local stores that also have webstore.