Shipping hassle from Taiwan to UK?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Miller

by Miller

What are people's recent experiences of getting things shipped from Taiwan? I ask because I ordered something from Bdop Cycling back in April and they are unable to ship it to me. They are saying that their courier tells them that UK is not open to imports. They have other orders which also need to come to UK and they can't ship those either.

I should say that I think Bdop is a trustworthy outlet, I've ordered from them before without issue.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation, whatever it is?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Can’t really help you with your shipping quandary but just adding the I have purchased from Bdop with shipping to OZ pre-COVID without issues but have not needed to buy anything since.....
BB

Coffee & carbon

BobDopolina
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by BobDopolina

We feel your pain.

The issue is that the UK government (Royal Mail) has halted shipments from many countries, including Taiwan. We have a few packages sitting here that were returned to us after shipping. We are waiting for the green light to ship again.

Last week, international deliveries of mail were allowed to resume. Hopefully, this means parcels will soon follow.

We have also heard of people in the UK receiving international parcels but we can't confirm. All we know is that everything we sent was shipped directly back to us.
BDop Cycling Co., Ltd.
https://www.bdopcycling.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BobDopolina
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by BobDopolina

I should mention that the delivery of small parts (via DHL) has been uninterupted. The hold seems to only be on larger parcel that require EMS shipment.
BDop Cycling Co., Ltd.
https://www.bdopcycling.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;