need a good looking minimalist saddle bag to go with Prologo Dimension NDR SE

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

theStig

by theStig

Just ordered one of these with carbon rails to go with my Ti bike.. I've been riding for years with ICS clip equipped fizik saddles (which uses their clip on saddlebags) ..

For short rides I usually just stuff my multitool, cO2, levers, patches and spare tube in a spare bottle, but for longer rides I'm looking at something fairly minimal and classy that won't look out of place on this setup.

Angui

by Angui

Rapha saddle bag small
Looks great, very compact but fits a small pump such as Lezyne pocket drive or Topeak micro rocket
Holds very securely too

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

Silca Seat Roll Premio doesn't look bad, IMO. And you can secure it tight so that it doesn't budge at all. And I just want to say, the saddle in that color, on the right bike, is going to look FANTASTIC. Bravo.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

jfranci3

by jfranci3

There are a bunch of minimlist bags, but maybe
1) tape a Tubolito / Schwalbe Athelon tube to the saddle, put the rest in a jersey bag.
2) maybe mount one of these under your bottle https://www.dakine.com/collections/bike ... 9067208784 (if you're bike is painted/polished, put vinyl tape on the contact points.)

IvanZg

by IvanZg

JMeinholdt wrote:Silca Seat Roll Premio doesn't look bad, IMO. And you can secure it tight so that it doesn't budge at all. And I just want to say, the saddle in that color, on the right bike, is going to look FANTASTIC. Bravo.
Silca does not work with all saddle types well. E.g. with Pro stealth it slips all the time from its ratcheting strap and hangs on the rails.

It might work ok if that type of saddle is set all the way back in the clamp, otherwise it does not provide enough room to angle properly.

https://images.app.goo.gl/RWMaf8k2WWdm9xSu5

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

theStig

by theStig

Angui wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:22 pm
Rapha saddle bag small
Looks great, very compact but fits a small pump such as Lezyne pocket drive or Topeak micro rocket
Holds very securely too
interesting option, would match my kit.

JMeinholdt wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:16 pm
Silca Seat Roll Premio doesn't look bad, IMO. And you can secure it tight so that it doesn't budge at all. And I just want to say, the saddle in that color, on the right bike, is going to look FANTASTIC. Bravo.
I like the idea of the boa system and it DOES look classy. hmmm, 108g isn't terrible. Yeah that saddle is for my lynskey rebuild. heavy thomson stem/seatpost (because i wanted the polished black finish to match DA 9100). I wasn't a fan of the prologo tape so I'll either be going with lizardskin dsp v2 in the earth tone color, OR the antique brown brooks microfiber bar tape. The whole (re)build is essentially titanium, with polished black alloy hardware, dark brown on anything that touches the body, with a hint of carbon (if you can call enve 3.4 a hint)

i was KIND OF considering the specialized road bandit, but I don't like the idea of an exposed tube that would fail the moment i need it

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Lezyne Micro Caddy. This had become the default seatbag for most of the people I ride with.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

I use the lezyne, small and clean lookking.

How do you d the saddle ?

Konsi

by Konsi

I have the Blackburn Grid in small, using only the velcro around the rails. Pretty minimalistic and as a plus, reflective if it gets late. Quite affordable, too.
https://www.blackburndesign.com/p/grid- ... -seat-bag/

Roel W

by Roel W

BBB Curvepack.
No more velcro attchments for since i ruined a pair of bibshorts (very slightly touching the velcro).
BBB has a solid attachment to the rail and a neat rubber attachment round the seatpost.

kervelo

by kervelo

^Another option without velcros is the Orucase SB25.
https://www.orucase.com/products/saddle ... 4166416437

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com