Fabric Cycling - out of business?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ddddd1

by ddddd1

Any idea what happened to Fabric Cycling? Their products are starting to be sold out everywhere. Bike manufacturers that used to equip their bikes with Fabric saddles, transferred to another brands. And most importantly their last social media post is from December...
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

It's part of the Cannondale group, spun off from Charge bikes when they were bought. The brand grew really well for the first few years but then seemed to run out of new products or development. I wonder if the original designers from Charge left the company and Cannondale lost interest in the project or something?

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Strange, I hope they don’t go out of business, I love their saddles

ddddd1

by ddddd1

Yeah, I'm in love with their bar tapes, but it's getting really hard to find one nowadays. It would be nice, if they at least posted some info, so we would know what is going on.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Fabric saddles will stay as they are but other accessories will be branded to Cannondale. Lots of new and nice things coming.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

anhk

by anhk

ddddd1 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:51 pm
Yeah, I'm in love with their bar tapes, but it's getting really hard to find one nowadays. It would be nice, if they at least posted some info, so we would know what is going on.
In Japan, it is announced that the fabric will be only the saddle and the bar tape will be transferred to Cannondale.

ddddd1

by ddddd1

Thanks for the info, looking forward to see the new stuff then.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

anhk wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:07 pm
In Japan, it is announced that the fabric will be only the saddle and the bar tape will be transferred to Cannondale.
That is a big disappointment for me. I really liked the Fabric bartapes and they were widely available from most of the big stores I regularly ordered from. This will almost certainly make them both harder to find and more expensive.