Experience dealing with STARBIKE

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

avispa

by avispa

I would like to know your experience buying from the Parent Site to this forum; STARBIKE. So far I've had a terrible experience after I ordered a set of handlebars back on the 1st of April. At that time, the item said in stock and ready to ship. As of today, the only thing I've received is an email with a tracking number that doe not show any signs of activity.

Could you describe your experience? I may wait a few more days before putting a complain to PayPal.

Thanks!
Last edited by avispa on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

What shipper did they use? Shipping and customs out of Germany has been very slow since covid-19.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

First time buying things online?

1. There are previous threads like this on Starbike service.
2. If they can provide you with a tracking number it means the problem is with the shipping company now.
3. Tracking details need time to be updated. Sometimes the information is not accurate at all, but you should just wait.
4. Parcel can be delivered to the country but stuck at customs, in which case the problem lies with neither starbike or the shipping company.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

avispa

by avispa

Kayrehn wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:58 pm
First time buying things online?

1. There are previous threads like this on Starbike service.
2. If they can provide you with a tracking number it means the problem is with the shipping company now.
3. Tracking details need time to be updated. Sometimes the information is not accurate at all, but you should just wait.
4. Parcel can be delivered to the country but stuck at customs, in which case the problem lies with neither starbike or the shipping company.

First time buying things online? What kind of a question is that in 2021!!!! DHL AFAIK is a very reliable service and it would show some activity immediatelly. This tracking number just has zero activity, all it says is "generated by shipper". Thye could have the courtesy of updating buyers of delays...

jagheterjan

by jagheterjan

Say, do people celebrate Easter in your part of the world?

dj97223

by dj97223

DHL tracking from Germany to the US is imprecise. Tracking showed my last order, during Covid, stuck at the "export parcel center" for a week when in fact it had already left.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Seriously I can't tell, because an online shopper in the middle of a pandemic should really have more patience. I once had a Berk saddle stuck at the Slovakia customs for 3 weeks, and they had no idea too till I asked them to check. I assure you the wait is normal, I've had that kind of status (non)updates for many days, and it is ludicrous for you to post a complaint about starbike here threatening a refund when they have already handed over the goods to DHL.

AJS914

by AJS914

Since this topic popped up, I have a Starbike question.

Should my WW and Starbike password be the same? I'm pretty sure in the past it was the same but I can't log in to starbike now.

jlok

by jlok

I think there are DHL Express courier service and DHL Postal service, where the Express is akin to FedEx (fast) and the Postal is just a normal postal service via Universal Postal Union network (slow)?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

MattMay

by MattMay

I ordered something from R2 Bike back in November 2020 and was sent Bia DHL....never arrived here in US. Never made it out of Germany AFAIK. R2 had to send a new order via FedEx...arrived in three days to Los Angeles.

Problem is Germany DHL to USPS handoff.

Ordered something from Hopp Carbon in Germany...6 weeks via DHL to USPS.

I’ve had great luck otherwise:

Darimo, 4 days.
Berk, 5 days
Lordgun, 3 days
Farsports, 3 days

synchronicity

by synchronicity

That is barely more than a week. Not very long.🙂

I have had stuff stuck in German outbound customs for 2 months or something without any sign of movement... sometimes they are indeed moving but there are no tracking updates...
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

Konsi

by Konsi

jagheterjan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:23 pm
Say, do people celebrate Easter in your part of the world?
This. Nothing would have been picked up by DHL in Germany between 2 and 5 of April (neither would have anyone at Starbike packed anything during that time). Plus, they are so overloaded since the pandemic drove many more people into online shopping, that it might take them several days to pick it up even if Starbike has packed everything and notified DHL.

Edit: Seeing that you are in the US, it is not unlikely that you placed your order on April 1 after Starbike was already closed for the day. So essentially you are complaining about a delay when a company has managed to get the order through logistics and notify DHL for pickup on the second working day after you placed it.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

OP's expectations too high. Have some patience.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com