What’s the best bike GPS right now?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Cycomanic

by Cycomanic

I think one option that is often overlooked is the sigma rox 12. It has by all accounts excellent mapping, is like the karoo 2 based on android and is supposedly is plenty fast. I have to ridden one, but it has been on my purchase list for a while. It's also quite bit cheaper than the karoo and doesn't have the dead on arrival issues that the hammerhead units have had.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

robbosmans

by robbosmans

But it looks like a nokia brick phone

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jfl

by jfl

The new Bryton rider 750 seems to have an insane amount of features for its price.

Cycomanic

by Cycomanic

Yes, Bryton have always been good value for money. Also their battery live is really a class of its own. I got myself an older model for doing Trondheim-Oslo, because it was the only computer which looked like it would last the whole time (it ended up with quite a bit of battery to spare). I see that the 750 also is specd with 20h.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

froze

by froze

which Garmin has the best address to address type of routing? and place to place routing?

usr

by usr

froze wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:58 pm
which Garmin has the best address to address type of routing? and place to place routing?
Recent models bigger than 130 all use the same data, the same algorithms and the same chips. 530 might be a bit weird with the user interface for creating routes due to lack of touchscreen, don't get a 5 if you insist on creating routes on the device. But nobody (well, hardly anybody) does that outside of exceptional situations like emergencies, because cyclists tend to be far more interested in the road they ride than in the destination it leads to. This creates far more demand for interactive route building than in e.g. car navigating.

Spiduhman

by Spiduhman

Shout out to Lezyne (bike accessories).
They replaced my failed Enhanced Micro GPS unit, wow, nice!
The C unit is the same size, button layout, etc., however, the screen is colour and a bit wider, and the battery lasts longer.
Chapeau to Lezyne, product, support, service!

I'd transitioned from magnet switch speedometer to GPS a few years ago. Unfortunately, the unit died last week.
I didn't - still don't - want or need something bigger.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Like my Garmin Edge 520 plus. Like my old Edge 520 but slightly more refined, I could switch to another brand, but I just can't be bothered getting used to a different button layout. I find Gamins can't measure gradient or climbing properly when they get wet or dirty, other than that it's fairly pain free.