Bike work stand mounted from the ceiling?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ccie6872

by ccie6872

I am curious if anyone has mounted a bike work stand from the ceiling? Ideally something that can retract when not in use and is secure enough for building / maintaining bikes.

kppolich

by kppolich

Yes, Mounted this upside down away from the center of the room and it's great. Perfect height for bikes, however not retractable, but you could unscrew the stand part from hanging down if thats in your way. Mine is only attached to the overhead beam, not into the wall and it is still extemely stable. Fits regular seatposts and aero posts like the one on my old allez sprint without issue.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Foundation-Be ... pair-Stand

ImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kppolich

by kppolich

Finally got this put together after some time looking for a flip down solution to work between our basement floor joists.

Pretty handy to have and swing up and out of the way when not using. A furniture leg hinge rated for 120 lbs, Foundation Bike Bench Workstand clamp/end, and some 1-1/2" pipe with flared collar welded together with a pinch bolt.

Needs 1 more coat of paint, but I'm happy.

Pics:

ccie6872

by ccie6872

kppolich wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:44 pm
Finally got this put together after some time looking for a flip down solution to work between our basement floor joists.

Pretty handy to have and swing up and out of the way when not using. A furniture leg hinge rated for 120 lbs, Foundation Bike Bench Workstand clamp/end, and some 1-1/2" pipe with flared collar welded together with a pinch bolt.

Needs 1 more coat of paint, but I'm happy.
that is amazing work, exactly what I had in mind! Is that leg hinge spring loaded to stay up near the ceiling when not in use? Where did you buy this?

Thank you for sharing!

kppolich

by kppolich

It's a 2 position locking hinge with grooves up and down so it locks into place. The spring on the side of the hinge releases the ears and lets the arm slide down and snaps back into the other position.

I bought it here.

https://www.rockler.com/posi-lock-folding-leg-bracket