2021 PRO equipment thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Karvalo

by Karvalo

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:24 am
IchDien wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:19 am
Mate, no-one is saying what they did was sacrosanct...just pointing it out.

I'm just legitimately curious as to why teams would do it. Sagan had to grab a hex key from a team car that one year to tighten the bolts on his stem's steerer clamp, but you don't expect stuff like that to happen.
You kinda do. At least one rider was on tv doing it again this year and Backstedt on commentary said it was a common thing at Roubaix.

guyc

by guyc

It's just a bike component. Let's not lose our shit with other people over it. Hasn't the last 18 months been hard enough?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

IchDien wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:25 am
Didn't a couple of riders tighten their headset mid race? All that rattling must make a few of them come loose.

One of them was Tom Van Asbroeck. He was also the rider who had the bars and stem on his Factor snap off in a race last Spring. He must have been feeling some deja vu on Sunday.

spud

by spud

on a road ride I did a while back, I hit a dirt road at about 40 mph. Transition wasn't particularly brutal, no rim bottoming etc. Despite this, my stem rotated on the steerer a little (yes, the stem bolts were tight). So I can only imagine that over the course of many hours on cobbles, stems loosen up and/or shift a little.

flying

by flying

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:55 am
flying wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:51 am

Whats up with folks like you & maquisard always calling people ignorant or stupid because their opinion does not match yours?

Perhaps you need a break from cycling or at least forums?
Because believe it or not none come here to hear the tone you two display constantly
Neither do you two own the only "right" opinion in cycling
....Chill........go ride a bike

Then don't frame TAs as inferior to QR for something as inane as this. It's not a problem, don't pretend it is, don't spread FUD and I won't feel compelled to respond. If they're carrying multiple sizes of hex keys, it's because they expect general equipment failure.

Again........This is a forum not your personal blog regardless of your post count.
Members can & will post & quote things they see & thought interesting

None has framed anything to hurt your fragile ego

Instead I gave my opinion that yes I think the lack of a real QR is a step backwards period..So what?
You & folks like you take that as some kind of personal challenge? It is not

You have a problem with what Cycling Tips wrote?
AG2R riders had hex keys stuck to the seatposts to help with speedy wheel changes.
Take it up with them

frostorama

by frostorama

Interesting to see a lot of riders at Il Lombardia running really shallow wheels today. Looks like the Specialized riders were on Alpinist CLX and others were on 30mm or so wheels.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

There was around 4400M of climbing today, similar to mountain stages of grand tours.

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

Marianne Vos debuted the new Prototype Cervelo R5CX to victory in the Waterloo UCI CX World Cup race......

https://www.velonews.com/gallery/vos-wi ... ross-bike/
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

ooo

by ooo

Vos R5CX bike is full shimano R9170, but chain is from another sponsor (same as stem, bar, bartape):
FSA K-Force Light Chain 11-speed CN1101 (width: 5.5 mm):

'

maquisard

by maquisard

Given the current component supply situation - it may be the only chain the mechanics could get

Guevarca

by Guevarca

ImageAlexey Lutsenko won Serenissima Gravel, billed as the first professional gravel race, part of Filippo Pozzato’s new series of races in Veneto
Nice bike too! https://twitter.com/cycling_podcast/sta ... 27363?s=21

ALS

by ALS

Guevarca wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:07 pm
ImageAlexey Lutsenko won Serenissima Gravel, billed as the first professional gravel race, part of Filippo Pozzato’s new series of races in Veneto
Nice bike too! https://twitter.com/cycling_podcast/sta ... 27363?s=21
First pro on Dura Ace 9200 it seems

ALS

by ALS

-
Last edited by ALS on Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALS

by ALS

-
Last edited by ALS on Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com