2021 PRO equipment thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Pierre86 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:12 pm
XCProMD wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Nice (non-Shimano) wheels Van Aert rode to Ventoux
*Unreleased Shimano
**De-stickered Vision Metron 45 SL Disc

DSM and MVDP have used unreleased Shimano wheels but Wout's wheels are not them.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Pierre86 wrote:
XCProMD wrote:

*Unreleased Shimano
Not at all, unless Shimano is planning to invest in Busnago, Italy.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

On todays stage they did a close up of Neils Pollitt's RD and I could not see a cable going into the backside of his DA. I would assume this is the testing of wireless DA or that cable is tucked in quite nicely. From what I have read so far the media reports say the RD and the FD could be communicating with a cable ala semi wireless. Time will tell.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:49 am
On todays stage they did a close up of Neils Pollitt's RD and I could not see a cable going into the backside of his DA. I would assume this is the testing of wireless DA or that cable is tucked in quite nicely. From what I have read so far the media reports say the RD and the FD could be communicating with a cable ala semi wireless. Time will tell.
Nils Politt is not using the new DA, he's on the old, well, current 9170 group. You can see the wire here, it's just close above the hanger:

There is a 5-million page thread on the new DA with everything confirmed or not and some pictures of the new parts... but to save you some time, it wont be fully wireless like AXS, just the levers, both derailleurs are wired to the internal bettery, similar to FSA WE.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

XCProMD wrote:
Alfus wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:03 am
steel515 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:41 am
Which cervelo by van aert here? https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/to ... breakaway/ do they all ride sponsored clothing or their own choice (unlabeled)?
Cervelo R5

steel515 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:41 am
do they all ride sponsored clothing or their own choice (unlabeled)?
Their choice? in a ProTour Team? no way..
Shimano will be releasing a whole bunch of new wheels with their 12v groupsets, tubular and clincher/tubeless in 3 different heights.
These are the 50mm tubular wheels.

garbageman

by garbageman

bruno2000 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:40 am
Shimano will be relaesing a whole bunch of new wheels with their 12v groupsets, tubular and clincher/tubeless in 3 different heights.
These are the 50mm tubular wheels.
Not Shimano, Vision Metron 45 SL. You can see the quadrants with different fiber direction don't match the upcoming Shimano wheels. Furthermore, there are pictures of the Vision Metron hubs from the rest day. This picture is posted at the top of the page :? .
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/spotte ... de-france/
viewtopic.php?p=1687083#p1687083

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Huub new sponsor for Ineos in 2022?

spud

by spud

^^first good shot I've seen of WVA's shoes

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

spud wrote:^^first good shot I've seen of WVA's shoes
Here is better pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRD2073H2wE ... =copy_link
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

sychen

by sychen

Mollema winning stg 14.. Just noticed he rides without a bike computer.. No mount even on the bike.

I wonder how many doesnt use a computer in the peloton.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

sychen wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:58 pm
Mollema winning stg 14.. Just noticed he rides without a bike computer.. No mount even on the bike.

He has one in his back pocket, records his numbers for analysis after races but doesn't want to see it during races, maybe he doesn't even check later, might be just for his coach/team.

Many ride with computers but don't show power, some even put tape to blank the screen. Many are saying they can ride harder without power as they just go as hard as they feel they can get away with, not stress about numbers of ride more conservatively because they think they should ride at XXX watts.

Half of the EF team don't even have powermeters on their bikes, Higuita and Rigo for exemple. They still have computers on (they are sponsored by Garmin though) but they might not really look at them much.

Every amateurs and their grandmothers these days think a powermeter is essential but many pros don't really car for it, even in training some just go by feel and record power for their coaches to analyse.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:45 pm
Every amateurs and their grandmothers these days think a powermeter is essential but many pros don't really car for it, even in training some just go by feel and record power for their coaches to analyse.
For people following a genuine training plan that last bit is still quite important though.

(And I know this doesn't apply to most amateurs and grandmothers, who do just end up having more pretty numbers on their screen.)

MichaelK

by MichaelK

sychen wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:58 pm

I didn't fully notice the lack of a computer at the time, but didn't he still have the course notes printed out and stuck to his stem?

AndySti

by AndySti

What was the jersey Woods was wearing on Saturday? Some kind of super light climbers jersey? Just looked like a tight shirt without a zipper.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

AndySti wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:50 am
What was the jersey Woods was wearing on Saturday? Some kind of super light climbers jersey? Just looked like a tight shirt without a zipper.

You mean during the podium ceremony?