2021 On the Road Today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Andrew69

by Andrew69

kingtom wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:30 pm
Finally the weather was like early summer today.
Dont you find your knees get cold riding in shorts?

I mean I have a couple of previous knee injuries that means my knees are a little sensitive to the "cold" (no such thing really here in Australia) but still
For example, we are in the middle of "winter" here (again, no such thing here really) and it was about 5 deg C this morning when I headed out
Light base layer, long sleeve jersey (not wind proof though) and long bib tights other wise I find I have real issues later in the day with knee pain

Im amazed you guys are riding up moutain passes with snow banks either side in shorts!

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

East Surrey spin on Thursday ImageImageImage

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kingtom

by kingtom

This morning, before work. And no, cars were as good as none on the road. At the climb in any case none at all. And that in beautiful Switzerland ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

flying

by flying

Andrew69 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:52 am
Im amazed you guys are riding up mountain passes with snow banks either side in shorts!

+1
I too am always amazed.

Miller

by Miller

Miller

by Miller

Miller

by Miller

People too busy riding to post photos?

I celebrated the solstice weekend by riding the the cutely-named LBL gravel sportive: Leith Hill - Brighton - Leith Hill, 144km/1580m. After a week of sunshine it poured with rain the day before. The organisers re-routed away from the muddiest sections but there were still sections you could only walk. The South Downs Way section was beautiful but hilly while the Downs Link path up from Brighton to Surrey was wonderfully peaceful. Eight hours start to finish and a good and memorable day out.

Tugboat

by Tugboat

Miller wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:27 pm
People too busy riding to post photos?
Too busy moving house. My partner and I both enjoyed the road that the photos from my last post were taken on that we bought a house on it. Got out for the first ride in the new place the other day.

Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

Miller

by Miller

Tugboat wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:31 am

My partner and I both enjoyed the road that the photos from my last post were taken on that we bought a house on it. Got out for the first ride in the new place the other day.
I like your priorities.

kingtom

by kingtom

On the road with the best of the best ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Andrew69

by Andrew69

I cant say that I dont view some of the photos of fellow WW's with a touch of jealousy!

Absolutely beautiful places to ride a bike

basilic

by basilic

Lai da Vons above Sufers (near the Splugen/Spluga pass Kingtom posted above)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/221EbFzrrJinRTF46

Pretty road and quiet, but there is a 3 km unpaved setion at the top (also maybe 300m unpaved in the middle of the climb). The descent to Andeer is on a narrow bumpy road. Thanks to Jerry at cycloclimbing.com for the find.

yinya

by yinya

Nice! The road is not on google, right? I didn’t find one that goes from Sufers to Andeer via Lai da Vons.

I took a wrong turn last weekend (wet, tired) and ended on the tunnel road and only a view of the road I wanted to take up…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Not meaning to rub it in but that wrong turn resulted in you missing IMO the single greatest piece of road on planet earth. Go back and do it right!
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

yinya

by yinya

You surely are I am looking at what else I can combine it with outside the usual suspects in the area, any hidden gems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com