2021 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Virtue signaling 101

Why remove the rotten apples?! just cut the whole tree down!

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/seriou ... sport-ban/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartacus

by spartacus

I don't see a list of demands or a proposed resolution from legion so IDK

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

The guy only got fired lately but had a bunch of pedophile cases for years. Teams getting out of USA Crits is not just to protest against that guy's recent actions but more because USA Crits were okay with that guy and his known crimes until someone else banned him and it made the news... It's the fact they knew (or at least should have known) but didn't have a problem with him that pushed some teams to drop out of anything USA Crits.

spud

by spud

seems more like hardball business to me. Cycling has a long history of various organizers trying to pull the sport together, only to have it torn apart by warring factions. ASO is the only one to make it stick.

spud

by spud

Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:48 pm
The guy only got fired lately but had a bunch of pedophile cases for years. Teams getting out of USA Crits is not just to protest against that guy's recent actions but more because USA Crits were okay with that guy and his known crimes until someone else banned him and it made the news... It's the fact they knew (or at least should have known) but didn't have a problem with him that pushed some teams to drop out of anything USA Crits.
Maybe I'm naive, but I'd guess that if the gov have the goods on you, you are going down. Having the charges dismissed seems unlikely, or at least I'd hope so.

Raimundo

by Raimundo

didn't everybody knew about the already 2 year old charges, even people outside USA Crits? why just act now...

maquisard

by maquisard

Had it been in the public knowledge? The Safesport on began on Sept 14th according to this article

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/10/l39ion- ... -concerns/

Karvalo

by Karvalo

spartacus wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:41 pm
From what I can see their position is not wanting to work with a company that is happy to employ a guy like that, and their resolution is to not work with them. What more do you need? :noidea:

spartacus

by spartacus

Karvalo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:23 pm
spartacus wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:41 pm
From what I can see their position is not wanting to work with a company that is happy to employ a guy like that, and their resolution is to not work with them. What more do you need? :noidea:
So they're never doing a USA crit involved race ever again? Ever ever?

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Morris seems to have a criminal record since 2008 at least, guilty or not, it was knowned he was a bit frisky.

Take a look at the Cycling News article i posted a few posts back maquisard, you hear it from the horses mouth... they actually interviewed him. Just make some popcorn first, it's an entertaining read.
That Cycling Tips article seems a bit too aseptic and not very interested on showing the whole picture IMO.

Cui bono, seems to be a valid question here...

maquisard

by maquisard

Interesting, I had no idea.

Such people have no place in sports.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

There is also this, more on @la_sweat on ig

spud

by spud

Morris may be a creep, but he may also be victim of someone with an axe to grind.

I know a number of guys who have been accused of abuse in the past. One was an accusation by a soon to be ex-wife, on advice by counsel, to get him out of the house so that she could claim the residence. One was by a genuinely crazy woman. One was a mother-daughter extortion. All were found to be groundless.

In this internet age of remote and instant justice, woe betide anyone accused of abuse.

spud

by spud

robbosmans wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:41 pm
There is also this, more on @la_sweat on ig
If you were going to publish something like this, wouldn't you put a little effort into grammar and spelling?

spartacus

by spartacus

With all this talk about the "platform" I can't help but wonder if this is also a move to create a new racing series.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com