2021 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spud

by spud

^ that was some pretty Eff-d up shit. While there's plenty to pick apart in his statements, I'll say that if Frank Vandenbrouk is your standard bearer of mental strength and stability, you are living in a pretty dark place.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/patric ... tic-abuse/

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dj97223

by dj97223

nathanong87 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:38 am
bikewithnoname wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:41 am
https://www.hopetech.com/news/hbt/
saw an article saying how they made it into a road TT bike too :O

it was supposed to debut this olympics, but will be for sale next year :shock: . Im going to show up to my local TT on this rig.

Perfect for the "wide tire" crowd.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

sychen

by sychen

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/patric ... tic-abuse/

Someone needs to take his column away from him... As he doesn't need to vent...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Cycomanic

by Cycomanic

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/patric ... tic-abuse/

Really if I worry about someone's mental stability it's PL.

Apart from the fact that likening a professional rider changing teams to domestic abuse is absolutely unacceptable, what is his problem everytime someone else doesn't do what he wants, without any reflection on his own behaviour.

I mean can you imagine what he would have said if lotto would have convinced quickstep do become there sponsor?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Just read the full original article, kinda out of context again like always with CN, but still a terrible comparison.

jever98

by jever98

PL shows time and again that he's a grade A asshole. Even just the fact that he has this type of column whilst being a team boss is just wrong. Then pile on top the way he speaks about riders.
----
No longer in the industry

robbosmans

by robbosmans

He always manages to say something stupid in a otherwise normal interview

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

PL not exactly a thought leader for the sport. But then most sports these days seem to have misanthropes.

Miller

by Miller

bikewithnoname wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:41 am
Looking forward to seeing this thing in action this week:

https://www.hopetech.com/news/hbt/

I mean it's ugly as hell but has some interesting design

Rumours are that Team GB are also using a smaller pitch chain so they can shrink the chainring size and reduce drag
Agree, it looks hideous, but the article announcing use of 10mm chain pitch also had a photo of a rider aboard the Hope bike and that showed how the bowed out stays line up with the rider's legs. Maybe it makes sense when actually being ridden. We'll soon find out.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Hideous.

I suspect that the chain pitch change is to allow for more precise selection of optimum gear ratio.

blaugrana

by blaugrana

ghisallo2003 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:42 pm
I suspect that the chain pitch change is to allow for more precise selection of optimum gear ratio.
That's what intuitively would make more sense, yes. Because in terms of friction, a smaller chain pitch means every roller has to turn less (for the same chainring diameter), but there are also more rollers turning, so it doesn't seem like there would be obvious gains to be made there.

jever98

by jever98

----
No longer in the industry

AJS914

by AJS914

Lefevere is that old man with no filter on his mouth. Since he is the king of the DQS there seems to be nobody that can slap him down. And his sponsors seem to look the other way.

The stuff he said about Rémi Cavagna and Tim Declercq is just insulting to those riders. I cringed when I read it.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

AJS914 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:35 am
Lefevere is that old man with no filter on his mouth. Since he is the king of the DQS there seems to be nobody that can slap him down. And his sponsors seem to look the other way.

The stuff he said about Rémi Cavagna and Tim Declercq is just insulting to those riders. I cringed when I read it.
Yeah, imagine being Declerq, having just buried himself every day for 3 weeks at the tour then waking up one day to find his boss has bitchslapped him in the media for no reason other than he was making a point about another rider he doesn't like.

Some wolfpack.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com