2021 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

saldegracia

by saldegracia

zirxo wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:15 pm
That was a proper sprint from Cavendish! I know the competition isn't the greatest at Tour of Turkey, but Philipsen has been really solid this spring and Cavendish beat him from a long way back.
nice to see he is still able to do this sort of thing...pity the transmission was cut of right when they started the interview with him :/ I hope Greipel can win a stage, too, it would all feel like 2017 again...better times ;)
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Operation Get Cav a win Complete!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

Proper sprint from an experienced rider.
He was patient, waited for the last leadout men to clear the way, did the right moves and kicked properly. Props !

Louis :)

ave

by ave

greipel lead him out perfectly.

This was the same Philipsen who beat Bennett last week. So obviously cav is better than Bennett now. :)

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Even though Philipsen launched too soon IMO, beating him makes this win a credible one and not a win against a bunch of nobodies. Perfect timing and use of Greipel. Nice one Cav!

Now, the same people who think Froome can win a 5th Tour will now think Cav will beat Merckx's Tour stage win record! :mrgreen: But unlike the past few seasons, he may at least have a shot at being taken to the Tour this year...

maquisard

by maquisard

Good to see the Cavendish winning agains after his struggles with health. The move to DQS was very wise!

spud

by spud

Good on him, I was convinced he'd lost it.

zirxo

by zirxo

And he makes it two for two. He really showed confidence in the sprint today starting it himself instead of just following.

ms6073

by ms6073

Sorry if I missed the discuession, but wasn't Eufemiano Fuentes the doctor at the center of 'Operación Puerto' supposed to give an interview recently? Were there any bombshells or just more drivel?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

saldegracia

by saldegracia

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:09 pm
Sorry if I missed the discuession, but wasn't Eufemiano Fuentes the doctor at the center of 'Operación Puerto' supposed to give an interview recently? Were there any bombshells or just more drivel?
Just drivel, he just really seemed to enjoy being on TV but did not say anything new...when he was asked direct questions the answer was most of the time "maybe...maybe not". He mentioned a handful of people (none of them cyclists) who the program tried to contact and get more info from but they all declined. One of the a Spanish runner and an Ex-President of Real Sociedad....the whole thing seemed to be a waste of time...
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

guyc

by guyc

Frankly either put up some actual meaningful info, or piss off and take your doping bullshit with you.

saldegracia

by saldegracia

guyc wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:30 pm
Frankly either put up some actual meaningful info, or piss off and take your doping bullshit with you.
Are you responding to my post? If yes, piss off yourself indeed!

guyc

by guyc

No!! That was aimed at Fuentes 😂

saldegracia

by saldegracia

guyc wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:36 pm
No!! That was aimed at Fuentes 😂
ok, apologies...I get it now :) True, he just came across as a very vain self-centered person who enjoyed another 15 minutes of "fame" after people had long stopped talking about him...maybe he'll publish a book in the near future or something along those lines

guyc

by guyc

I could have worded it better to be honest. Sorry if you thought that was aimed at you!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com