2021 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

maquisard

by maquisard

This is quite shocking, I have ridden in Richmond park once with a friend who lives in Surbiton. I did not feel it to be a dangerous place where an event like this could happen. This was at 3pm in the afternoon!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

And that the day before Image

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Maddie

by Maddie

Speechless... They want to steal his bike and they do this by making him crash?! At least his injuries don't seem to be too heavy considering he came down at 60 kph

Karvalo

by Karvalo

maquisard wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:13 am
This is quite shocking, I have ridden in Richmond park once with a friend who lives in Surbiton. I did not feel it to be a dangerous place where an event like this could happen. This was at 3pm in the afternoon!
It is in London... Bike theft in Richmond park from the cafes has been rife for ages, it was only a matter of time before this urban robbery tactic made its way there. The extra time and exposure making their getaway offset by the target rich environment.

Though thinking about it, the guys on bikes are probably just thugs for hire. The guy paying them could easily have a van parked on a quiet road near one of the gates, they just need to get there and chuck it in the back, so the getaway is actually pretty straightforward.

maquisard

by maquisard

It is also true that while riding in area of Windsor Richmond I have never seen so many high spec. bikes.

Like you say it is a treasure pot of expensive bikes and this offsets any risk of the theft

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Have started a seperate thread in cycle chat to keep this on topic.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

bobones

by bobones

Last edited by bobones on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garbageman

by garbageman

Congratulations to Adam Yates for beating Roglic, Alaphilippe, and Valverde in a sprint. :lol:

micky

by micky

bobones wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:45 pm
Last ever monument win on rim brakes?

micky

by micky

garbageman wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:45 pm
Congratulations to Adam Yates for beating Roglic, Alaphilippe, and Valverde in a sprint. :lol:
That was hilarious, especially seeing Alaphilippe who looked an almost sure 3rd at the sprint.

ave

by ave

Yeez, that "chase" group... It was terrible to see them freewheeling with only 30s deficit. I understand why, but still, it's not nice to see.
Amazing descent from Masnada. He took every corner too wide, but still made it back to Pogacar. Crazy.

sychen

by sychen

Chase group had the Valverde effect working against them.

His presence doomed them.

He'll just sit 2nd or 3rd wheel and refused to pull.. Or do a token effort and let the gap grow and others will be forced to take the front again out of frustration.

He gets his victories with this "race craft" (as commentators like to call it with him)..

Too many times it ends up like this with a group that becomes more disjointed the longer the chase goes on.

Once Pog had that 30s gap, Valverde sitting 2nd wheel in the "chase" .. It was over after only Masnada without a good sprint chased downhill.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

flying

by flying

ave wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:31 pm
Amazing descent from Masnada. He took every corner too wide, but still made it back to Pogacar. Crazy.
I know & thought the same
Amazingly fast with what most would consider not the best lines...But in the end...his way was fast :beerchug:

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Anyone else see Quintana on Colombia’s version of The Masked Singer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

outnumbered

by outnumbered

sychen wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:03 am
Chase group had the Valverde effect working against them.

His presence doomed them.

He'll just sit 2nd or 3rd wheel and refused to pull.. Or do a token effort and let the gap grow and others will be forced to take the front again out of frustration.

He gets his victories with this "race craft" (as commentators like to call it with him)..

Too many times it ends up like this with a group that becomes more disjointed the longer the chase goes on.

Once Pog had that 30s gap, Valverde sitting 2nd wheel in the "chase" .. It was over after only Masnada without a good sprint chased downhill.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
My thoughts as well, Valverde wrecked the cohesion in that group. Pity there's no sign of him retiring yet.