2021 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

AJS914

by AJS914

It's kind of weird seeing a large Suzuki symbol dead center on the Italian jersey's this week.

jever98

by jever98

Love the silver medal for Girmay! Really cool to see an African rider on the podium.
----
No longer in the industry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

AJS914 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:50 pm
It's kind of weird seeing a large Suzuki symbol dead center on the Italian jersey's this week.
I think it's been there 2 years or so.
There's even commercial on tv with Cassani wearing the national outfit.

flying

by flying

AJS914 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:50 pm
Yes the other day Wout & Ganna swapped Jerseys as trophies after the TT
When I first saw Wout's post (not this pic with both which explains it )
I thought a MX racer had given him a jersey as I forgot about Italy National Jersey :wink:

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Magnus Backstedt commentating on his daughter Zoe winning a rainbow jersey is pretty much the pinnacle of life.

maquisard

by maquisard

Yes, it is hard to imagine how proud he can be. Well done to her!

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Kaia Schmid is going to be an absolute terror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Congratulations to the Netherlands F*ing it up again

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

robbosmans wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:33 pm
Again? LOL! Yeah, they only won Worlds for the past 4 years before today, 6 times in the last 10 years! :mrgreen:

They f***ed it up in Tokyo but not really today, Vos was perfectly placed, although she did have to close a few little gaps here and there, but she just didn't have the legs to beat a faster Balsamo who didn't waste any of her energy until the final sprint unlike pretty much everyone else.

spud

by spud

^ eh, the Dutch girls had the most riders in the front group, yet they didn't own the front of the field in the last K. As a result, Vos had to come out of the wheels to close a gap to the leading Italians early in the lead out. Not saying Vos would have won with better set up, but it would have been closer. I think the problem was the Dutch team kept sending girls up the road on what was not a terribly selective course in the final 8K and it tired them out so much they couldn't line it out for the sprint.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

robbosmans wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:33 pm
If it helps digest the Dutch loss in the woman's WC, I have had the pleasure of spending time with some of Elisa Balsamo's family - absolutely wonderful people, and while I have not met Elisa, by all accounts she is sort of person that is well worthy of fan support. And she has a damn good sprint.

Dutch tactics were just fine IMO, but in the end too many equally strong riders and one that was just a bit quicker at the line. No shame in that.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

martocom

by martocom

Let's start predictions for today.
My money is on Magnus Cort. I think the real big favourites like WvA, Alaphillip, Evenepoel will neutralize themself. The Danes will play a smart game with their (very) strong team and outplay them.

As a german I'm quiet sad there's nobody who is a real contender on such a course. Also, I'm not so happy with the selection that was made. But let's see if they can proof me wrong.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Belge looking pretty well positioned at the moment
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Miller

by Miller

If our leader pulls this off it will be quite the exploit. 14km to go.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Great ride from Alaphilippe.

You have to wonder what the IT,NL,BE teams were thinking letting him go though. WvA,MVDP and Colbrelli all marked themselves out of the chase
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde