2021 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

gerryc89

by gerryc89

Stendhal wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:59 pm
Tony Martin retires with a World Championship! Way to go Panzerwagen!
What a special moment. It's a cruel sport sometimes, but that was a :10/10!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

ms6073 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:33 pm
Karvalo wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:01 pm
If they are now supplying them all over again with disc frames that is a significant extra strain on their manufacturing capacity - especially when customer order leadtimes are already at about the 1 year mark for complete bikes.
Would seem to me that the long lead times are a consequnce of Pinarello's sponsorship of Ineos.
The number of frames they supply to Ineos is very, very small compared to their gobal sales, but it won't help. Especially, like I just said, if they're now giving them an entire second run of disc bikes to replace their still brand new rim bikes.

AJS914

by AJS914

It's not like Ineos decided they needed disc brakes last week and now Pinarello has to scramble to produce them. I'd suspect that both companies planned this to happen just in advance of the Worlds for maximum publicity. It's just too bad that no Ineos rider is a favorite for this type of race.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

AJS914 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:33 pm
It's not like Ineos decided they needed disc brakes last week and now Pinarello has to scramble to produce them.
No. But they still have to supply lots more bikes. They don't appear out of thin air, and the already stratospheric customer order leadtimes obviously indicate that manufacturing capacity from their vendor is a limiting factor.

AJS914

by AJS914

I was agreeing with you and now you play the contrarian?

I could just repost your previous post. 50 frames is nothing compared to their global production.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

AJS914 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:58 pm
I was agreeing with you and now you play the contrarian?

I could just repost your previous post. 50 frames is nothing compared to their global production.
Yeah I get your point, I'm just saying it doesn't really matter whether it was the plan from day one or not. And I'm annoyed at the optics when we have customers desperate to get these things and already won't see them in time for next riding season when this gives the appearance that they have frames on tap for whatever their sponsored teams want. Even if it doesn't really make any noticeable difference.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I really doubt Ineos had to ask for disc brake bikes ahead of Denain and Roubaix, I would assume Pinarello had already gave the team those disc brake bikes when they gave them the rim brake versions of the F at launch, maybe not 3 for everyone on the team but the option was probably there from the start.

Maybe they just waited until they could get 9200 and that 10% extra pad clearance convinced them! :mrgreen:

jever98

by jever98

Correct response from Lizzie Deignan:

"I really take everything [Patrick Lefevere] says with a pinch of salt, so no, I’m not disappointed by his comments," said Deignan in a press interview two days ahead of elite women's road race.

"Actually, I’m pleased that he has no interest in women’s cycling because we have no interest in him either."

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lizzie ... s-cycling/
----
No longer in the industry

otnemem

by otnemem

maquisard wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:17 pm
Sir Brailsford rumoured to have left Ineos for wider role at Ineos Sports (aka Ineos Greenwashing)

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report ... os-sports/
With less and less opportunities for him to swoop in just before the last stage of a all but certain win of a GT this makes absolute sense.
I will certainly miss his collection of platitudes and general BS. We should probably highlight the marginal gains ("rounder wheels, shoes that fit better") and the time when Tao Geoghegan Hart won the Giro and he said it was the result of them riding more for fun and less for control, vowing to keep that strategy (or lack thereof) and step away from the days of SkIneos trains. :lol:

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Then those were some rather pricey "fun" rides to go on!

But if anyone can do sportswashing, it'd be Brailsford. Someone must have told the corporate Board "I'll put my best man on it!"
https://memes.yarn.co/yarn-clip/56d01ff ... 996d738f32

Maddie

by Maddie

jever98 wrote:Correct response from Lizzie Deignan:

"I really take everything [Patrick Lefevere] says with a pinch of salt, so no, I’m not disappointed by his comments," said Deignan in a press interview two days ahead of elite women's road race.

"Actually, I’m pleased that he has no interest in women’s cycling because we have no interest in him either."

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lizzie ... s-cycling/
That's a very nice reaction indeed Image

bruno2000

by bruno2000

A Belgian junior was riding a Canyon cross bike with Shimano GRX di2 groupset at the Worlds this morning.
[img]https://www.facebook.com/belgiancycling ... 68841/[img]

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Really common around here, we also sell a lot of cx bikes for juniors so they can ride cx in the winter and road in the summer.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

So much crashing, even in the neutralized parts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

Yep, the Junior race was and the U23 is right now an absolute crash fest. I've seen a couple of riders who were lying on the tarmac being immediately hauled to their feet by race helpers. Not sure that's the right way to treat a casualty with unassessed injuries.