2021 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

maquisard

by maquisard

guyc wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:19 am
frankly the reaction of the Danish to then verbally abuse Tanfield after is inexcusable.
If I was Denmark I would feel this same. I think the Denmark team believed they were catching the 4th man who didn't get out of the way and this caused the reaction. I don't think anyone expected Team GB to produce such a terrible performance.

Attermann

by Attermann

He lost almost 8 seconds in a very short time, so they weren't really expecting that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

maquisard wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:23 am
guyc wrote:
frankly the reaction of the Danish to then verbally abuse Tanfield after is inexcusable.
If I was Denmark I would feel this same. I think the Denmark team believed they were catching the 4th man who didn't get out of the way and this caused the reaction. I don't think anyone expected Team GB to produce such a terrible performance.
Regardless. The Danish rider acted like an absolute tool.

GB were down to 3 long before and if he was 4th man he'd have been riding the tops.

de zwarten

by de zwarten

guyc wrote:
He wasn't looking where he was going, one of the first things you're taught on a track is that you're responsible for the air in front of you. To blame the bike is laughable, and frankly the reaction of the Danish to then verbally abuse Tanfield after is inexcusable.
About the bike: it was a joke. Apologies for not inserting an emoticon.
About the Danish verbally abusing Tanfield: It was the heat of the moment, I find that excusable for what happened just after the crash, as long as he apologizes afterwards.

guyc

by guyc

Doesn't matter anyway. Denmark are advanced to the final as they caught the third man.

sychen

by sychen

Danes acted like fools both with awareness, carrying on like a tool and not finishing the race.
I'm pretty sure the team GB 3rd got on and finished.. And Danes didn't..

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

maquisard

by maquisard

What a ride by the German women! Amazing

robbosmans

by robbosmans

sychen wrote:Danes acted like fools both with awareness, carrying on like a tool and not finishing the race.
I'm pretty sure the team GB 3rd got on and finished.. And Danes didn't..

As long as you are within a meter of the last rider you have won, he knew they won, just upset because they where going for wr

Attermann

by Attermann

If the team is split like the GB team, there is flag raised, that flag never came up, which is why they didn't know.

Guyc, sounds like you should try riding in the red with lactic acid everywhere and the taste off blood in your mouth, completely filled with adrenaline.

guyc

by guyc

Attermann wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:51 am
If the team is split like the GB team, there is flag raised, that flag never came up, which is why they didn't know.

Guyc, sounds like you should try riding in the red with lactic acid everywhere and the taste off blood in your mouth, completely filled with adrenaline.
Whatever.

Excuse it if you want, makes no odds to me. Shows a lack of class.

guyc

by guyc

Dear me. After Australia cock up the team sprint, GB then do exactly the same.

Dutch would have won anyway I think, but some of the track work today has been very very poor.

sychen

by sychen

guyc wrote:Dear me. After Australia cock up the team sprint, GB then do exactly the same.

Dutch would have won anyway I think, but some of the track work today has been very very poor.
That was poor from both teams.. Aussie 3rd had alot of health problems in the last 2 years.. Including thyroid cancer.. GB 3rd retired then came back so both off the race circuit for a bit.. And it showed.

maquisard

by maquisard

guyc wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:54 am
Attermann wrote:

Whatever.

Excuse it if you want, makes no odds to me. Shows a lack of class.
The right result. GB benefited of the Austrailia equipment failure in qualifying. They were never in the run for a medal, it would have been sad if they affected the chances of Denmark.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Attermann wrote:
If he didn’t see the rider, what makes you think he would’ve seen the flag?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

sychen wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:35 am
Interesting that not all of team GB(see team sprint lead off guy) is on the Hope Superbike. Some still riding the old team GB stealth bike. Can't be a production issue considering they had an extra year or is it something else?
Maybe it’s a slight advantage for the first rider to drag a little more air along?