Is weightweenies becoming more elitist?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Maddie wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:36 am
https://www.hambini.com/daf-j-maurice-b ... e-arthurs/

Just check Hambini's latest coup on his website where he slashes a female cycling journalist and her partner. Naming illnesses and stuff. It is disgusting. Even worse that his fans seem to enjoy what he's doing (comment section). I have 2 of his BBs and they are amazing but his behavior is not childish (literally playing the 5year old card) but inexcusable.

Creepy and insane. And yet I bet some people here will continue to defend him.

warthog101

by warthog101

Yeah didn't find much worthwhile or respectful in that piece.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

saldegracia

by saldegracia

That guy has totally gone off the rails...and he is posting this stuff on his business website?!? Seriously, there are people who read this stuff and then click on the next page to buy a bottom bracket?
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

AJS914

by AJS914

How does he know they didn't have insurance? That was a lot of pages about a front license plate.

saldegracia

by saldegracia

AJS914 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:29 pm
How does he know they didn't have insurance? That was a lot of pages about a front license plate.
Seems he changed the size of the numberplate which technically means he would not have insurance (a UK thing probably???)...I guess in pratice if you ever get stopped by police you'd pay a 20GBP fine and that's it...not that I am saying it's ok to make illegal modifications to your car but you can't help but get the impression H is blowing things out of proportion...
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

TheRich

by TheRich

Lewn777 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:40 am
Which is weird as in MTB, and all motorcycling people debate it intensely and come to a consensus. People seem to swoon over good descending skills shown by riders like Alaphilippe or Nibali, but seem to have no desire to improve their skills or discuss them.
That does not happen in mountain bike forums. There is a phenomenon of people that have picked a spot in development (design or technique) and that becomes the hill they will die on in many cycling discliplines.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Lewn777 wrote: Also talk of rider fitness, weight and nutrition is hugely under represented, compared with discussing a few grams from some new expensive component. Also all talk of technique is systematically shut down. Which is weird as in MTB, and all motorcycling people debate it intensely and come to a consensus. People seem to swoon over good descending skills shown by riders like Alaphilippe or Nibali, but seem to have no desire to improve their skills or discuss them.
Dare to ask anyone about descending technique in a “narrow bars” thread, and you’ll be sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewn777

by Lewn777

LeDuke wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:29 am
Lewn777 wrote: Also talk of rider fitness, weight and nutrition is hugely under represented, compared with discussing a few grams from some new expensive component. Also all talk of technique is systematically shut down. Which is weird as in MTB, and all motorcycling people debate it intensely and come to a consensus. People seem to swoon over good descending skills shown by riders like Alaphilippe or Nibali, but seem to have no desire to improve their skills or discuss them.
Dare to ask anyone about descending technique in a “narrow bars” thread, and you’ll be sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try to talk about descending technique generally and you'll regret it! :roll:

Lewn777

by Lewn777

warthog101 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:10 am
micky wrote:
warthog101 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:27 pm
^^Seems like a fairly objective summary, from what I've read.

Why was Hambini banned?
That seems a loss.
I don't agree with all his stuff but would like to read it and make my own decision.
Read the last post of Lewn777 which I quote "the slightest differentiation from their preferred viewpoint is then a heresy and even the smallest deviation from dogma is blood in the water. They then go in with full child-like guns blazing with a full shark-attack attempting to tear apart their victim as truth must be defended at all costs."

I don't know the gentleman personally but by what I understood he gathered a lot of his views counts on youtube by using a trash talking.
In a forum when you're confronting to other people it doesn't work that way as there's nothing constructive, even if you're right.

As for "that seems a loss".
Over the years many forum members have been banned and very often it looked like a loss but they couldn't control they anger for a reason or another.
So no, it's not really a loss because luckily there's always some contribution going on from new people sooner or later.
From what I have seen of Hambini that section of Lewn's post doesn't seem applicable.
Generally evidence was given when Hambini assessed equipment.
In any case, if he was abusive then fair enough. I haven't read anything from him on here, so don't know if he was abusive.
Otherwise I'd have been happy to read his input. CBFed reading abuse or aggressive argument however.
I've been registered on here a while but haven't spent much time.
Yep, I wasn't talking about Hambini.
However my views on Hambini are that he is ridiculous.

I'm sure his BB's are good, although expensive. A medium/high engineering bar set in a low/medium industry. It's seems easy to come into the cycle industry from the aeronautics industry and be stellar. The standards in the aeronautics industry are much higher, as people's lives are at risk.

My thoughts about Hambini are:
-He is autistic or high on the autistic spectrum, it doesn't excuse his slimy/sweary behaviour.
-He makes ridiculous statements that Cannondale or Boeing are garbage companies or do garbage engineering. A mature engineer would express preferences but never be so dismissive or absolute and be much more nuanced. 'Less than ideal' vs 'this engineer should be euthanized'.
-He holds French engineering on a pedestal, as much as Bic make good biros, and Look good bikes, but can we really extend that to Citroen? He seems to think he's French but sounds British and looks Sri Lankan with an Italian sounding name. Fairly confused here.
-He doesn't seem to ride very much or to be very interested in bikes, he just uses the comparative low level of bike industry engineering vs aeronautical to make a quality impact.
-He says 'don't use a spin test to see how good bearings are, it's under load that matters', then does a spin test on his own BB.
-He probably works for Airbus or an airline that runs Airbus, and is probably a junior engineer. I just can't believe a senior engineer would behave like him.

Flasher

by Flasher

Maddie wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:36 am
https://www.hambini.com/daf-j-maurice-b ... e-arthurs/

Just check Hambini's latest coup on his website where he slashes a female cycling journalist and her partner. Naming illnesses and stuff. It is disgusting. Even worse that his fans seem to enjoy what he's doing (comment section). I have 2 of his BBs and they are amazing but his behavior is not childish (literally playing the 5year old card) but inexcusable.
Really poor judgement posting such nonsense. I generally enjoy his videos, and don't mind the language, but this is an internet argument that has gone way way too far. He's in need someone to edit his content before he loses any good will he's gained over the years which is diminish rapidly with blog posts like this.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

I'm in the market for a BB. But I really don't want to buy one from a guy that does unprovoked personal attacks on journalists and engineers, and is trying to form so sort of cult following. It's like he's trying to snitch on people he doesn't like, just incredibly petty.

Maddie

by Maddie

Please let him know that. Maybe he'll realize that he hurts his own business and loses professional credibility

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

And people wonder why he was banned. You can’t constantly be looking to attack and expect there be no consequences then cry free speech as if that absolves you from the consequences of said speech.

Hey there, just remember, we’re never going to give you up. Never going to let you down.
Using Tapatalk

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Nefarious86 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:33 pm
And people wonder why he was banned. You can’t constantly be looking to attack and expect there be no consequences then cry free speech as if that absolves you from the consequences of said speech.

Hey there, just remember, we’re never going to give you up. Never going to let you down.
I saw he did a public search on you to try to figure out who banned him. Did he give your name, address and a list of your legal violations from years ago? Nefarious once took LSD at a house party in 1993, and broke the speed limit in 1998? :lol: :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Maddie wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:17 pm
Please let him know that. Maybe he'll realize that he hurts his own business and loses professional credibility
I've tried to comment on his YT videos. It just over his head, ignores or doesn't read the comments, or the fanboys sway his opinion to carry on with it. :roll: