Sam Bennet Glasses

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

Definitely hard to get my head around these (pun intended). Regarding Oakley designs though....I will say I thought the Jawbreaker was ridiculous when they first came out. Then I tried them on a ride (borrowed) and realized how awesome they are for me personally, great coverage for contact lens wearer, adjustable temple length, easy lens swaps, etc. So in terms of functionality the Kato might be great for many people.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Macriot

by Macriot

robbosmans wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:02 pm
Kato x is acceptable, the kato is just weird
Totally agree!!

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

No news on availability ?

uraqt

by uraqt

They are shipping to local Sunglass Huts now..~275 UDD

C

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i guess they named this after bruce lee's kato mask. but would not buy these as i think they look terrible.

uraqt

by uraqt

I love the idea and it's clear that they are kinda made for riding and other "windy" sports. However what I don't get is that Oakley has 4 lens colors for riding and they only relased one... : ) There are pix that make it look like it was designed to go with helments : )

If they make one with Road Jade I am so in for sure!!!

C

The shot with Froome in a non cycling lens in the rain is a joke.. it's just sad

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

uraqt wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:05 am
I love the idea and it's clear that they are kinda made for riding and other "windy" sports. However what I don't get is that Oakley has 4 lens colors for riding and they only relased one... : ) There are pix that make it look like it was designed to go with helments : )

If they make one with Road Jade I am so in for sure!!!

C

The shot with Froome in a non cycling lens in the rain is a joke.. it's just sad

They have 3 more lenses coming soon. Prizm 24K Iridium, Prizm Golf Dark, Prizm Trail

uraqt

by uraqt

And that is my point WTF golf lenses? before low light and Road Jade???? Come on that is just stupid!!!! I forgot about Trail lenses...

The 5 cycling lenses should have been the 1st 5 released!! :)

C

uraqt

by uraqt

oh and this isn't good new ... from the oakly boards

"Just bad quality control. Even some of the katos we have in store are coming apart and they haven't even been worn"

uraqt

by uraqt

Another great oakley move

Custom pink Kato X Prizm Low Light for the Giro leader today

And it wasn't not a low light day... what is the point of making products that we can't buy?????

C