Why did Hambini get banned?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

saldegracia

by saldegracia

robbosmans wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:17 am
If you want to help our forum, please take the time to report Hambini’s post on yt, it is completely against the community guidelines.
yeah, I was just about to write this. Just did it as well. Will be interesting to see if they actually take it down...after all his personal attacks I am not quite sure while the Hambini channel is still operational at all...
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

JoO

by JoO

Thank you for moderating. It is an ungratefull activity that unfortunately seems necessary for dealing with keyboard warriors.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ben689908

by Ben689908

saldegracia wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:40 am
I guess if he has clearance to use an Airbus wind tunnes for bike wheel testing, he should also have clearance to post pictures ;)
I note the winking smiley, but I'm not sure the logic follows. :)
Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Ben689908 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:43 pm

I note the winking smiley, but I'm not sure the logic follows. :)

He didn't need to post photos of the wind tunnel itself... I would have taken photo evidence of the wheels in his possession, lined up against a wall in his shed. Photos of wheel-specific details would have been nice. You know how Xav and pretty much everyone else posts photos of the products tested? It's really that simple.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben689908

by Ben689908

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:58 pm
He didn't need to post photos of the wind tunnel itself... I would have taken photo evidence of the wheels in his possession, lined up against a wall in his shed. Photos of wheel-specific details would have been nice. You know how Xav and pretty much everyone else posts photos of the tires he tests? It's really that simple.
Which I think is fair enough. Of course there is a chance that he didn't take any photos of the wheels before giving them back to those who donated for testing.

I'm being Devil's advocate...
Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Nefarious86 wrote:
robbosmans wrote:If you want to help our forum, please take the time to report Hambini’s post on yt, it is completely against the community guidelines.
It's quite the dumpster fire. Apparently I'm a racist because I didn't check 46266 profiles for derogatory terms...

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
And by the way why is KGT ban ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

RyanH

by RyanH

Kgt should be self explanatory if you peruse his posts. For example, despite repeated warnings he goes into every aero related thread and posts how X bike race was won on non aero bike and anyone that believes in aero is a shill or sucker for marketing.

Vermu

by Vermu

Its more than a bit meh. Sure he guy gave the industry run for money and even as being engineer (far from aero) he has dome valid points how industry tests ie wheels and how those result cannot be translated 1:1 into normal enviroment.

Most of the test facilities have no pics policy for all, so not surprised that there were no photos, and he strikes as one who wouldnt give 2c if someone didnt believe him, so why bother taking pocs of the wheels in the first place?

I agree banning him was right thing to do. No matter how right he was, the way he came out was far from civil or appropiate. I dont think he will change his tone like ever, so most likely YT material will inspire some discussion but we’ve to make claims wo the author.

As a sidenote on that particular post there were also others who needed to receive a ban. Perhaps adding a mod and keeping it more strict would make the yelling and posting ”facts” over and over again disappear - at least in the long run

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flying

by flying

saldegracia wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:46 am
robbosmans wrote:
If you want to help our forum, please take the time to report Hambini’s post on yt, it is completely against the community guidelines.
yeah, I was just about to write this. Just did it as well. Will be interesting to see if they actually take it down...after all his personal attacks I am not quite sure while the Hambini channel is still operational at all...
Curious about what you folks are pointing out
Which post on YouTube is it?
He has many

saldegracia

by saldegracia

flying wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:51 pm
saldegracia wrote:
robbosmans wrote:
He has many
This one: https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugx4LTmVK8uVVaqnEi54AaABCQ
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

flying

by flying

saldegracia wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:57 pm
flying wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:51 pm
saldegracia wrote:
robbosmans wrote:
He has many
This one: https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugx4LTmVK8uVVaqnEi54AaABCQ
Thanks & yes that is unnecessary
I don't watch his vid's as I am not carbon frame inclined anymore & the one I did watch was a bit childish in its
need for sensationalism thru swearing/name calling etc

Maddie

by Maddie

RyanH wrote:Kgt should be self explanatory if you peruse his posts. For example, despite repeated warnings he goes into every aero related thread and posts how X bike race was won on non aero bike and anyone that believes in aero is a shill or sucker for marketing.
Hmm, but that's just his opinion and I believe he has a right to offer it (even though I also don't agree with his views). As long as the discussion stays healthy and no one is called any names a ban seems drastic imho.

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

KGT has had multiple warnings and has been banned before for drlerailing threads. The 4 users in that thread at the heart of the mess were all given time off.

Do any of you even read the forum rules?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:08 pm
Here's what I got when I clicked there on
Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

admittedly under the classic board theme.

Information

The requested topic does not exist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flying

by flying

HammerTime2 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:50 pm
Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:08 pm
Here's what I got when I clicked there on
Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

admittedly under the classic board theme.

Information

The requested topic does not exist.
Shows fine here

Forum Rules - Please Read Before Posting
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95160