Why did Hambini get banned?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

robertbb

by robertbb

Well guys, I copped a ban for reasons entirely (and still) unbeknown to me. I emailed the mods 3 times to find out what had happened and was ignored all three times. kgt copped one. 3pio did too. juanmoretime had just had enough of what this place has become.

Is this place a dictatorship? Do people cop bans because people's "feelings get hurt"? Maybe we need some clear rules on what is OK and what is not. People can be very opinionated, and IMHO that's OK. Namecalling is not, however.

@RyanH: I would welcome an opportunity to be a mod. If anything, mod status should be on a rotational basis (or voted for, perhaps).

@Nefarious86: It seems there's a massive reaction to this on Hambini's youtube channel. I'm sorry it looks like you're being targeted personally in some cases - that's not OK - but perhaps the weight of the response indicates that your action was inappropriate? Your response to me in this thread, "care to join him", might indicate it's time for a spell...

I would actually welcome a discussion on this. I've been here longer than both of you, not that this means anything in and of itself, but it is entirely unclear why a) there are only three mods, and b) you got chosen, c) mods have no proper accountability

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

When was your Ban? I personally don't usually see mail to the mod area.

They can blow up all they like. His irrational fan base can have at it all they like hiding behind their keyboards and screen names. So far apparently I'm a racist, transgender hipster if the comments are anything to go by and the whole mod team are Satanists.

Hambini pushed the limit constantly, he thrives off the drama.

Why did I get picked? Probably because of my time zone and interactions with other mods.

Rules are on the forum and you know as well as anyone that it's gotten pretty loose here compared to what it once was.

As for why there's 3 of us left... Because most of the others just gave up dealing with the dumpster fire and chose to no longer be here. The same point I'm now at after all of this.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

2rismo

by 2rismo

The thread was a dick-swinging dumpster fire and honestly, embarassing to read.

If some of the people in it were given a holiday I think they should count themselves lucky. The discussion is a waste of oxygen and should be starved of it.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I've also just realized that Tapatalk may not be applying the correct messages to the Bans when issued. That's on me for not checking that functionality.

For clarity here are the 4 from yesterday and I will use the desktop control panel for any further moderation.

Oh and having multiple accounts is also a Permanent ban item, something Hambini has also been guilty of. So add that to the list.
ImageImageImage

Using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The mods have always been level and those who believe otherwise might need a bit of introspection.

This is coming from someone who has probably been on the verge of temp bans dozens of times.

Attermann

by Attermann

There is always a person that is completely clueless that he has done something wrong. Some people just can't see that they acted like an idiot. And sometimes that's what you are up against as a mod.

robertbb

by robertbb

That may be so, but at least (when the reason for a ban doesn't speak for itselfs) mods could say something like: "you were banned because blah". Then there's no guessing, and if a user then continues to behave in the same way it's on them.

I think most people know if/when they've crossed the line. If somene's genuinely clueless, it's because the ban was soft to begin with. Why not PM them with a warning?

The closest thing I can surmise regarding my own ban (the only one I've had on any forum ever, and I've been on numerous forums for over 20 years) is because I called out one user in particular for repeating in thread after thread how good their choice of groupset was, and what worked for them. Even if it had nothing to do with the thread. I still have no idea if that's even it.

Title: Should I buy Di2 or mechanical? Best gears for gravel?

This dude would post about Campy Chorus 12 speed and the SRAM cassette and rattle on about it. Thread after thread.

Numerous times a day now I'm reading threads on here I feel I could contribute to, and while I still bite sometimes I mostly don't anymore. I'm on other cycling forums and they get my attention instead.

The fact that so many contributors have left entirely or reduced their time here is merely a reflection of what this forum has become, and how it's moderated, sadly.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

robertbb wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:01 am

The fact that so many contributors have left entirely or reduced their time here is merely a reflection of what this forum has become, and how it's moderated, sadly.

Again I question anyone trying to cast blame on newer members and moderators. Introspection is required. There are longtime members who are extremely whiny and petty who feel the need to remind everyone why they don't post much here anymore. Some of the people who mourned when Juanmoretime quit were part of the angry mob that drove him to that decision.

The state of the forum reflects that of the industry. Weight weenie-ism just isn't what it used to be and people should be okay with that.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Rob you have a PM.

Using Tapatalk

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

What is a reason for banning a member?
Some seem to say it's very little needed. But where do you draw the line?
I also noted some guys have been disappointed and left or if they've been banned!?
I don't really know. I won't mention any names here as i guess it's not really ok.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Lighting dumpster fires and derailing topics is the usual reason along with attacking other members. If it becomes a habit it can be permanent but rarely is it longer than a month to cool off.

Using Tapatalk

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I think the mods are more than fair in their dealings, and the fact that they can't moderate everything promptly actually give the threads time to get back on track or for arguments to be resolved amicably.

Learn to offer an opposing viewpoint respectfully and know that you don't have to win/convince others if they don't want to. Or start by not going into threads just to piss on things you're clearly not interested in the first place (a certain brand, product etc).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

micky

by micky

I dont understand why Hambini has been banned.
He's such a lovely person, always trying to have a mature and calm interaction with other peoples.
Some guys bless his speech like from the holy bible and celebrate his birth on every 25th of Decemeber.

On all seriouness, it's a forum, it's not the end of the world if person X doesn't take part for a while.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Oops sorry for the hassle, Its clear to me now why he got a ban. The correct decision.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

micky wrote:I dont understand why Hambini has been banned.
He's such a lovely person, always trying to have a mature and calm interaction with other peoples.
Some guys bless his speech like from the holy bible and celebrate his birth on every 25th of Decemeber.

On all seriouness, it's a forum, it's not the end of the world if person X doesn't take part for a while.
The thread about this on his YT is thriving in a manner one would expect.

Using Tapatalk