Why did Hambini get banned?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

in all fairness - there are users who constantly divert otherwise informative and friendly chat, and make it either about themselves (and their "opinions") or turn it into a one-on-one. we have plenty of silly name calling (even if it's not aimed at users, but for instance - at riders) and generally speaking - lack of respect and humbleness. sure, quite possibly each and every one of us is guilty of temporary lack of reason, but singling out serial offenders doesn't come very hard. that said - if you say there are total of three mods here... THREE... well, no wonder this place tolerates this stuff too often, and a reaction comes too late and perhaps isn't quite well understood. so yeah - you really should work on that, there are plenty of users vast majority of us would agree are solid and thrustworthy to do some modding. perhaps you need not one, not two, but get this number of closer to two digits?

and yes, not being straight with users who get bans (I got one too some time ago, can't tell why, couldn't get any answer from any mod, guessed $hit just happens) and giving a parabolic answers about "general tone" comes off as funny, especially when you read some of Nef's comments..

long post short - please do seriously consider "hiring" new staff. I know it's not an easy job (i'm only a mod in some FB alt. music group that sees like max 10 posts a day and still sometimes react with too much delay) but this forum is growing in numbers, and with all due respect - *three amigos* just don't cut it I'm affraid
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

There were multiple warnings in the 2019 pro thread for various things, you were one of a few who chose to keep going and all got 7 days. As above I was unaware that the reasons were not getting sent to users through Tapatalk.

There's 3 of us left because no one has been appointed after the others chose to no longer be here, it's not up to me to appoint someone and couldn't even if I wanted because my account doesn't have that ability or I'd have done it. And honestly, this is the point where I'm ready to hang it up too and just let the dumpster fire take over, Because regardless of what we do the same minority always has something to complain about.

Do you use the report function in the forum for posts you think don't belong here? Do you contact us to talk about it?

Have I been hot headed at times? Am I mentally damaged potato at times? 100% and I live with those demons. Yep, I'm acutely aware of it and try my best, when I'm wrong I apologise and pull my head in, unlike others. Truth be told being a mod has sucked every ounce of enjoyment out of this forum with constant "but you're not perfect" remarks despite the vast majority of what gets done being completely unnoticed. Image

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

Thanks for your work, moderators, I apprechiate it and understand that it can be very hard at times.

Etienne

by Etienne

Well, even if I don't post very often, I have been on this forum for more than 15 years now and for many years I found very useful informations here but recently I found that useful informations become scarce and personal agression occures more often.

I think moderators are not responsible for the growing tension here ... their interventions are just a symptom of what happens. We forumers are responsible for this, and those who cannot refrain from aggressiveness are the culprits.

As suggested, I did my personal introspection and I found that I am not comfortable anymore posting here because of that.

Not being a real contributor here, I know that my absence is not even noticed, but I can understand real contributors leaving WW, please don't call them whiners, please be respectful at least.

saldegracia

by saldegracia

It's just what happens on online forums, especially when they're about technology. I worked several years for a camera website with a large forum and that was just a total cesspool...Nikon vs Canon gets people at least as wound up as disc brakes vs rim brakes, I can tell you. It's difficult for moderators because you often don't have the time to read entire lenghty threads of check the entire history of of a user who is accused of wrongdoing.

Hambini is just a cyber-bully, who is using his xxx follwing on Youtube to threaten people. Who does that? Just for that I'd give him a lifetime ban on this forum.

(EDIT-Nef.. No need for the language. Let's aim to be better than that. )
Last edited by Nefarious86 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: No need for the language. Let's aim to be better than that.
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

saldegracia wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:53 am

Hambini is just a cyber-bully, who is using his xxx follwing on Youtube to threaten people. Who does that? Just for that I'd give him a lifetime ban on this forum.

I urge Hambini supporters here to have a look at his YouTube “community” thread.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

They love me it seems :)

Using Tapatalk

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:16 pm

Congratulations 👊🏻
Ya ain't nobody til he's abused you publicly
Official cafe stop tester

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

i think no one here claims mods are responsible. sure, it's us who make the mess. it's them (again: all THREE, a staggering manpower for a forum that big) who do their best. but hey - as users we're entitled to some level of criticism of your work, arent we?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

RyanH

by RyanH

We'll need to check into what displays on the ban reason but every time we ban a user, we do input a reason why.

Ben689908

by Ben689908

I think it was fair asking for "working" from Hambini. I'm also an Engineer and, yeh, that's how we critique work.

Constantly asking for photos of the testing setup when he clearly did the tests at work - i.e. an Airbus windtunnel - is naive, in all fairness. As if he has clearance to share photos of an Airbus windtunnel on here...
Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Controversial opinion: That thread was interesting because of the relentless tenacity being put forth by some of the players.

It was a textbook example of Internet sea-lioning. The more you demand, the less you get.

And now that we've all seen it, we can identify it earlier next time.

Moderating internet communities is a necessary yet impossible task to ever get right because no single process can please everyone. Especially the more diverse a community gets. This is the essence of thankless work that goes unappreciated.

Tom Scott pokes about Internet community governance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leX541Dr2rU&t=1s

It's long, if you want to see the major themes that are relevant to what just transpired and is still transpiring currently, skip to: Parasocial Relationships (Part 3: 33:50), Echo Chambers & Nazi Bars (Part 4: 45:50). But the entire thing is fascinating if you have an opinion on what "proper" governance over an Internet community looks like, but don't have a sense for just how tough it is to get right.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

jekyll man wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:16 pm

Congratulations Image
Ya ain't nobody til he's abused you publicly
There's some amazing mental arithmetic from his fans over there.. Apparently I support racism because of another users wording of their location (I have so much free time I've surely checked every forum users profile) but I'm a hypocrite for banning them because of their profile content (hint, they were banned for going off the deep end and fueling the fire).

Then you get to the homophobic content and it's just a race to the bottom of the barrel, it's fascinating how toxic and doggard they are. Disprove one rant and they move straight onto the next with 0 fact or logic behind it..

Using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Whatever, tryhard B cat racer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

TobinHatesYou wrote:Whatever, tryhard B cat racer.
Meaningless A grade club racer, thanks.. Get it right.

Well actually I'd be hiding in Cat3 right now if I was actually racing worried about my collarbones.

Using Tapatalk