Ultegra Di2 availability

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Roboos

by Roboos

Hi guys,

I have recently bought SL6 disc frameset with intention of building it with Ultegra Di2 groupset. However, I cannot find the groupset available in almost any shop in Europe... Do you know what is going on and when the groupset will be back in stock?

Thanks!

by Weenie

IvanZg

by IvanZg

Use those same sites but look for individual components rather than entire group. You should find all you need available.

Bogan

by Bogan

I am in the industry,and we have been forewarned that the current Shimano component shortages will continue for at least another 4 or 5 months. And there is currently poor availability of some Shimano components. We have been advised to place our bulk orders now for delivery Feb-March next year.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

sharkman

by sharkman

Probably corona related. But besides that the market is moving towards complete bikes instead of building your custom bike.
Also depends on where you look, the price discounters stopped offering groups/part for too low prices which probably is related to shimano that makes it harder and harder for bike producers to sell on non boxed parts at a discount.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Omiar

by Omiar

Just ordered Di2 groupset from bike24.com. Made order late in the evening, its already shipped after next days lunch.
bike-discount.de has slightly better (~50eur) pricing but they are missing FD-s, so they cannot ship any of the sets.
Scott Foil Disc 2021
Wilier Jena
Scott Scale 935
Sold:
Scott Foil Disc Ultegra Di2
Scott Foil Ultegra Di2 6770
Scott Spark LTD XT M8000
Scott Scale 35

Maddie

by Maddie

I ordered a Ultegra Di2 groupset in September @r2-bike and received everything except for the 170mm cranks. Their supplier can't say when they can expect the next badge. Could be months

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Noticed the same thing. Was thinking to upgrade a new bike to di2, but my favourite shops don't have the group available. Same for a lot of other small bits and pieces.
I want to order XTR brake rotors. Some shops have the 160mm in stock, others the 140mm. But no shop where i can order both in one go. Quite annoying.

Omiar

by Omiar

There are shortages due to COVID. It will probably last until spring. I have access to some EU (wholesale) warehouses and I see that for some parts, new stock is expected to arrive in February next year.
Scott Foil Disc 2021
Wilier Jena
Scott Scale 935
Sold:
Scott Foil Disc Ultegra Di2
Scott Foil Ultegra Di2 6770
Scott Spark LTD XT M8000
Scott Scale 35

by Weenie