Luescher Teknik's Thoughts on new bikes

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

AJS914

by AJS914

It's a 15-20 year old frame made with early 90s c40 technology glued together by a Colnago factory worker. It is what it is. I do wonder if they all look like that or if this was slapped together extra quick. It would be interesting to see other frames from the era.

glepore

by glepore

But they aren't known to fail regularly, so maybe its irrelevant.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

jlok

by jlok

glepore wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:14 pm
Most frames having voids don't fail, and they don't fail to command a high price as well. That is the point.

I'm not sure if I'd pay that much of money had I known the workmanship of the framesets...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

cheapvega

by cheapvega

kgt wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:06 am
Exactly.
Great video! At last, Luescher becomes more 'hambiniesque' by saying how things really are. A lot of rubbish being sold at the price of gold that is.
Can't wait for this trend of Hambinis and his mini mes to die out. Yes bike stuff is overpriced and often not as great of quality as claimed. But stating that over and over and over and over and over and over as abrasively and self righteously as possible isn't of much value either.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

glepore wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:14 pm
This. 15 years with a 'flaw' and nothing has happened. There are flaws everywhere in life and most of the stuff works fine.

I like to see what is inside a frame, but it's just one man's input that has not proved much of anything.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Another quality frame out of the Quest Composites factory.

velov

by velov

That's pretty good, esp backed with Trek's customer service/warranty. What other brands use Quest?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

velov wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:53 am
That's pretty good, esp backed with Trek's customer service/warranty. What other brands use Quest?

Just Canyon and Trek as far as bikes go. They do tennis racquets, baseball bats, golf club shafts, etc. as well.